Truth

Belle

I returned home and entered the house, surprising Dad. He greeted me, helping me with my bags.

"Isabelle? What are you doing here?" Dad asked, confused.

"The owner released me from our agreement, and I came home to see you," I replied.

Dad looked at me with confusion.

"What? I thought you would be happy that I'm home," I said.

"I am, but," Dad said as I walked past him. I went out into the shop and noticed the music boxes made out of mahogany wood.

"Where are the other music boxes?" I questioned.

Dad entered the shop. "William showed up the other day and destroyed the music boxes, including your mother's box," Dad said.

I turned and looked Dad with furrowed brows. "What? Why?" I asked.

"William told me if I didn't sell my land to him, our home would meet a fate worse than the music boxes," Dad answered.

I looked at the boxes and picked up one, staring at it.

"But then, something amazing happened; someone brought me mahogany wood to me, in exchange for music boxes," Dad said.

"Who?" I asked, confused.

"The owner of the mansion, Damien," Dad said.

The minute my dad said Damien, memories flooded my mind as I remembered meeting Damien at the party. I stood there as everything became more lucid and realized where I saw the amber eyes. I knew who was in the picture, which was in the trunk.

Oh, God, I thought

Oh, God, I thought.

"Belle? What is it?" Dad asked me.

"I have to go," I said as I started to leave.

"Where are you going?" Dad yelled.

"To correct a wrong," I yelled back.

I traveled to the library and entered it. Helen came out from the back, surprised to see me. Before she had a chance to say something, I said, "I didn't take the fairytale books. They don't belong to anyone but the library. I quit."

I left the library as Helen stood there, watching me go. I ran to the old mansion as fast as my legs could carry me. I pray, I hope I wasn't too late.

*******
3rd person

As Belle made her way back to the mansion, others were waking from their dreamlike state, realizing they were wrong. Damien never left as they thought, and he resided in the town.

Andrew and Goldie went to find Cedric. They arrived at Cedric's house as Cedric came out, knowing everything they thought was a lie. Goldie called Dante, who contacted Chandler about the old mansion.