Offer

Damien

The next day, I spent all day in the library reading. As the snow fell, it kept me occupied. I heard knocking at the front door. Closing my book, I set it down on a table as I made my way to the front door. I opened it to find Belle standing there.

"I hope you don't mind, but I came to visit you," Belle said.

I looked at Belle curiously.

"If you don't want visitors, I can leave," Belle offered.

I looked at Belle, saying nothing.

"Very well, sorry to have bothered you," Belle said as she turned to leave.

"Wait," I said, making Belle stop. She turned to face me. I stepped out of the house as snow fell on us. "I would like that very much."

Belled smiled as I nodded. I stepped aside as she went into the house. I followed, closing the door behind me. I watched as Belle removed her cape and I held out my paw, as she placed it in my palm. I felt warmth and tenderness, taking Belle's cape gently from her.

"For a beast, you're gentle," Belle mentioned.

"I know my strength," I answered as I placed the cape on the back of the chair.

"Have you always lived alone?" Belle asked.

"No," I answered.

Belled looked at me, curiously.

"I grew up with a family and brothers," I said, surprising Belle.

"Where is your family now?" Belle asked.

"I was terrible to my family, and they chose not to be a part of my life," I said, looking at Belle.

"Oh, I'm sure your family will forgive you," Belle mentioned.

"Perhaps one day, my family will forgive me, but I accepted the consequences of my actions," I reasoned. "I'm sure you didn't come here to discuss my family. The library is open if you would like to visit it." I held out my hand, gesturing to the library.

"I would love to visit the library if you join me," Belle suggested.

A smile curled upon my lips as I nodded. I walked with Belle to the library. She made her way to a book and pulled it out. I stood there watching her as she opened it. Then Belle walked over to a table and sat down as she continued to read. I joined Belle at the table, watching her.

Belle's face filled with wonderment and joy as she read. I watched her expressions change as she read the book. I watched Belle light up as she kept reading. I never saw someone enjoy reading as much as Belle did. It made me happy.

Belle looked up from her book. "Why aren't you reading?" Belle questioned.

"I never saw someone enjoy reading. It made me curious," I said sheepishly.

A smile curled on Belle's lips. "Have you never spent time with someone?" She asked.

"No," I answered as I sat there.

"What about family or friends?" Belle asked curiously.

"I never had friends, and I treated my family poorly," I whispered.

"Wasn't there someone who you liked?" Belle questioned.

"One, but I made the person feel terrible. My behavior made the person despise me," I said, referring to Goldie.

"I'm sure if you apologize and are sincere about it, the person will forgive you," Belle reasoned.

I looked at Belle as she smiled sweetly.