chapter 6

The Gilmore girls theme song drifted into my dreams slowly bringing me half-consciously patting around for my phone cracking open my eyes in order to hit the answer button pulling the blankets tightly around me

"Hello? Hello Luce?"

"What do you want?" the question got muffled by my pillow but I know she understands me.

"Why can't I see you?" all I did was grunt since I could hear the laugh in her voice. "We under the blankets? You know if you are still in bed when Abigail gets there you're in trouble right? And I just got off the phone with her she's on her way."

Moving my head just enough to speak clearly "You called her first? I'm so hurt."

"We both know if I'd called you, your phone would be thrown into a wall."

"Should have don't that anyway."

"Hey now I'm hurt! But because I love you I'm going to text her to bring you coffee. For everyone's safety."

We sat in comfortable silence for a while and I felt myself drifting back to sleep until a thought popped up and a sleepy smile made its way to my face and the thought escaped passed my half asleep mind.

"He's coming."

"Uh... who's what? Are you asleep or awake?" She asked sounding weirded out.

"Both." I flopped onto my back throwing the covers off my head now staring wistfully at my ceiling my sister calling out to me.
"Pay attention to me!" She whined pulling me back to earth and finally holding the phone up to face me.

"I invited Samuel" as I said this I took a screen shot capturing her face at the moment.

"Shut the front door!" before I could respond my door swung open and an entirely too upbeat sister entered.

"Rise and shine!" Abigail obnoxiously sang flipping on my bedroom light and ripping off my covers before I could cover my head.

"Dear God you are annoying." Clara complained while I buried my face into my pillow.

"Love you too brat." A smack to my butt made me jump up and glare at her. "Here's your coffee, breakfast is down stairs, move it Lu-lu."

Grumbling the entire time I put on comfortable sweats and called Clara back on the laptop bringing her downstairs where my mom, Charlie, and Abby were eating breakfast.

"Good morning beautiful!" My mom greeted me but of course Clara answered.

"Awe thank you mom, good morning!"

"Brat." I hissed sticking my tongue out at her before sweetly responding to my mom and greeting Charlie who like me was gripping a coffee cup like a life line.

"What's for breakfast?"

"Scrambled eggs, jam and toast." Mom said handing me a plate.

I slid in across the table from Charlie placing my laptop beside me

"So what do you girls know about the "friend" Lucy has coming?" I choked on my coffee some of it spilling out the corners of my mouth.

I tried to subtly wipe up the mess with my ratty old shirt while trying not to panic under the weight of the silence and the eyes I could feel staring at me.

"Besides him being cute and polite, not much." Charlie shrugged gulping down more coffee.

"Well I didn't even know there was one coming," Abby's voice was accusing and caused me to shrink in my chair practically hiding behind my coffee cup. "Was I the only one left out? Clara?"