Chapter 11

Wednesday’s I don’t have class and usually sleep in so I wasn’t happy to be woken up by the sound of fighting so early in the morning.

“But I don’t even know what you’re mad about?”

“that’s because you aren’t listening!”

“no I’m pretty sure you just aren’t being clear, loud yes clear no.”

“Well I have to be loud to get you to listen to me!”

Charlie’s shouting got surprisingly louder as I descended the stairs. Normally I wouldn’t get involved but its six am they need to pack up their problems and get to work.

“Um guys?” two furious faces turned to me “I don’t know what this is about but don’t you have work?”

“We know Luce!” Charlie snapped at me making me bristle.

“And did you also know people are trying to sleep because I couldn’t tell due to this very loud conversation.”

“See you are being loud, thank you Luce.”

“quit gaining up on me you don’t even know what this is about.” She shouted at me

“Apparently neither does he.”

“I’m seriously so lost.” Leo said looking exhausted

“whatever, I’m going to be late. Just make your own breakfast and coffee.”

The house shook with the slam of the front door and my brother fell against the counter giving me sad blue eyes.

“Don’t worry, whatever she’s mad about will be forgotten by the end of the day. Or you can get her favorite peppermint ice cream.” I suggested as I began filling the coffee pot.

“I don’t think so, she’s not as easy as you are?”

Once the coffee began brewing I turned to scrutinize him but fell short not really having the energy. “I feel I should be offended but I just can’t seem to care.” I shrugged now grabbing pop tarts and dropping them in the toaster.

“Oh make me some?”

“these are for you dummy.”

For a few minutes we sat on the countertops in silence only the drip of the coffee maker filling the house. Once it was all done I filled his thermos and wrapped the pop tarts in a napkin.

“thank you.” He shouted before running out the door.

Well now I was awake, I poured myself some coffee deciding to leave it black and strong today, I made a bowl of cereal and set them on the table before running upstairs to grab my phone and laptop. Troy’s room was right on the other side of the entertainment room and he didn’t have to be up until eight so I didn’t want to poke the bear.

Halfway through my second cup of coffee Troy sleep walked into the kitchen going straight for the good stuff not even bothering with food he sat at the table sipping the hot liquid. I was almost afraid to continue typing on my computer he looked so grumpy. We sat in complete silence so when Nick’s door opened with a thud and his way too hyper voice filled the room I flinched.

“Cool man I’ll see you then!” he literally slid into the room shouting an upbeat “Goooood morning!”

“Shuuuut up….” Troy groaned slamming his head into the table.

“Whoa, looks like someone could use a Power up" Nick used his best salesman voice as he whipped out an energy drink can.

“Unless you plan to give that to me shut up.”