Chapter 7

Authors note. I'm not in love with it... there's just something missing but I figure its better to just get it out and move on and maybe come back to fix it.

                    Anyway here it is.
♡~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♡

I used a bit of concealer on a few flare ups and some mascara but didn't bother with anything else. I braided half my hair back the rest falling loose and then got dressed pulling a brown jacket over my bare arms. I found my phone where I had carelessly left it on my bed with a few texts from Samuel making me feel guilty.

How should I dress?”

“Did you say you eat at 2 or to be there by two?”

“are you sure it’s alright for me to come? You don’t need to feel obligated just because of what I told you.”

“sorry left my phone on bed while cooking. You should wear your nicest footie pjs, because it’s a nice occasion no cartoon characters though,”

“You know I wouldn’t put that dress code passed you but what are your brothers wearing.”
“boring jeans and plain shirts.”

“Thanks cupcake, now what time should I get there?”

I checked the time, eleven,

“That’s really up to you I’d hate to tell you an early time and stick you with my family for hours without a way out. We will eat between 3 and 4.”

“Alright ill surprise you.”

“sounds good.”

The thumping of a stampede made its way up the stairs and I braced myself at my door as small bodies collided with it and I swung it open watching them tumble at my feel with giggles and smiles as I took their picture and sent it to Sam.

“your Tavorite song is on come come .” Alex, one of Ryan’s girls bounced excitedly tugging my arm her sister taking the other a bit gentler.

If they are here then that means Ryan is downstairs and I have no idea what I should expect from him. Sure enough as I descended the stairs as cautiously as possible with all nine monsters clambering down much too quickly for my anxiety to handle, I heard shut up and dance spilling from the entertainment room.

My head was getting a bit dizzy as I would spin one circle with a kid only to set them down and be attacked by another insuring my arms would hurt tomorrow but it would be worth it because of their adorable giggles and gap toothed smiles.

Just as I finished a rotation and my vision slowly corrected I saw a wobbly Ryan leaning in the doorway with a very serious expression.

Uh-oh.

“DADDY!” the girls squealed wrapping little arms around his legs not even caring about his tense aura though they appeared to ease it slightly.

“Sit.” He nodded to the couch and I gratefully fell onto it puffing out a breath from so much dancing, and it wasn’t long before Andy climbed into my lap. The girls went back to dancing and when the song ended began arguing with the boys on what to play next but they were all out voted when the one in my lap shouted “I I oh!” and it was settled as his brother Jamie turned on High high hopes.

“Is it the same guy you were with the other night? Because I had my buddy run the plates and name.”

“Yup that’s him. And I got home just fine.”

“He doesn’t appear to have any immediate family.”

“No, but don’t tell the others or bring it up okay? You can ask him about school or his job.”