Chapter 15

I had slept peacefully and woke with a smile as I laid in my bed listening to sounds of a full house. It had been a while since my family had had a weekday morning together so I was excited to get downstairs.

"I can't believe you are siding with him! This is a complete betrayal!" Leo's voice was loud but I could tell it wasn't serious

"I'm sorry but cinnamon toast is superior to pop tarts." Charlie defended as she took a bite of said food.

"Lucy! Put an end to this madness" Troy, to my surprise was very awake, and using his own toast to point at me.

"Sorry but I'm a jam and toast girl."

"Yes! You can sit by me." Nick pat the seat beside him in front of some slightly burnt toast and sticky jam jar.

"Jeez Nick try to get some of that on your toast." I teased taking the seat.

"Don't you guys think it's a bit early for a debate." Mom chimed in

"She's right I haven't even had my coffee"

"Good morning family!" I flinched as Paul entered

"yeah its definitely too early for you." I grumbled getting up to get a large cup of coffee.

"Naw, come here you little troll!" he hooked an arm around me giving me a noogie. "Oh! Are there more Poptarts!"

"Finally!"

It wasn't long before everyone dispersed leaving me Troy and Paul.

"Why are you here anyway?"

"I crashed here last night." He shrugged stuffing his face with more food, I swear he was on his third pack of pop tarts.

"It works out great now he can take you and I don't have to listen to your singing." Troy was up and out of the room before I could protest.

"Great! We've still got time can you do my math for me?"

"Do you want me to stab you with a pencil?"

"Can you at least help me out?"

"Fine but you owe me."

"Deal!"

The rest of my Monday went by slow and torturous until I got home. Paul and I played video games until I got irritated by the controls and quit. Aiming a gun while turning and running was really hard. He played solo while I read a book for my class taking notes and getting a headache. My phone vibrated alerting me to a text, butterflies in my stomach went wild and I was smiling ear to ear. I hadn't even opened the message I had just seen the name.

Samuel: "So I spent my day avoiding responsibilities and eating pizza how was yours?"

"I wish that's what I did. Still mine was alright. Right now I'm listening to Paul curse a video game while I do homework."

Samuel: "bet I could kick his butt. Which game?"

"Does it really matter? He's not very good at any."

"How dare you!" I nearly jumped out of my skin hearing Paul shout in my ear

"How dare you read over private messages!"

"You're talking about me that makes it my business."

"But you couldn't have known that. For all you know you could have been looking at something very private yet you did it anyway that is worse!"

"who are you texting anyway?"

"A friend, I'd tell you more if it were any of your business. Now go back to losing your game because I think I've won this argument."