Chapter two! Two days until thanksgiving...

I woke up before my alarm and my mom, excitement and nervousness waking me up putting an end to peaceful sleep. I showered and dressed then sat in front of a mirror for a full ten minutes debating whether or not I should wear make-up. I decided not to and instead carefully braided my hair into a side bun and added a small bow matching the purple sweater.

Opening my door I screamed, fisting my hands and raising them in a defensive position as my mom matched my scream and her hand shot out hitting my forearm.

For a few minuets we panted trying to catch our breath and slow our hearts from the scare. Relaxing my posture and stance I gave an apologetic smile laughing softly along with her. She gave me a once over, her eyebrows furrowing in a questioning look.

"You woke up early today," she stated leaving a pause for me to fill in whatever I felt I should share.

That's how my mom was, she wouldn't demand answers instead she always gave us opportunities and a feeling that made us just want to tell her everything. At least that is how I feel.

"I'll tell you over breakfast unless you want to go back to bed." I bit my lips together nervously shifting on my feet as my cheeks blushed.

"Oh! You're blushing!" she squealed getting excited only worsening my blush.

"I'll take that as a yes." I mumbled shyly as we headed down the stairs.

"Is it a boy or a girl?" I stumbled thankfully on the last step.

"It's a boy mom," I smiled up at her then rolled my eyes and continued to the kitchen.

"What's his name?" she leaned over the island counter on her elbows her smile reminding me of a teenage girl at a sleepover.

Biting my lip trying to control my uncontrollable blush, I mixed the eggs and milk hoping cooking would distract me enough to make me able to talk about him.

"His name is Samuel, at first I thought he was shy then he turned out to be a charming tease who really enjoys making me blush like a radish."

"Will he be volunteering on thanksgiving?"

"Yeah, all week actually."

"Well then why don't you invite him to ours on Saturday?" my eyes popped out and I nearly dropped the plates of eggs.

"Mom, wouldn't that be weird? It's not like I'm dating him!"

"Yet." She smiled and laughed as I blushed, "Oh I can see why he enjoys that so much. Relax hun, I just thought since he's volunteering then he probably isn't celebrating, if that's the case then you know I like my home to be open to anyone."

I promised to think about it then said goodbye.

×××××××
The moment I stepped into the warehouse an arm fell over my shoulders and a dizzying cologne filled my head. I definitely didn't notice it yesterday and we had gotten pretty close.

"Good morning gorgeous!" I tried hard to fight the smile pulling at my lips.

"And good morning to you too, what has got you in such a chipper mood?" I turned my head to look up at him and unintentionally took in a deep breath of his scent blushing and quickly looking away.

"I get to spend an entire day by your side, Cupcake, and you gotta ask why I'm in such a great mood?"

We signed in taking clipboards and heading over to the assigned area surprisingly next to each other. As we stepped apart I glanced over at him. He was wearing a plaid shirt with turquoise and blues. Moving my eyes up I met his incredible ones which were intensified by the colors of his shirt but there were dark shadows under them. Realizing he had caught me looking him over I bit my lips and ducked my blushing face.