Chapter 12

To say I was nervous about meeting Samuels friends would be a serious understatement I was a mess. I refused to even lay in my bed. Instead I paced my room repeatedly checking the time on my phone while wishing Clara and I were in the same time zone or even better in the same room. Whenever I had a big test or something that made me anxious the only way I’d fall asleep was beside her, our voices filling the silent night.

I wish she was here.

I sent her a text simply asking if she were awake even though I knew she wouldn’t be for a few more hours. I finally fell onto my bed but my legs were getting restless and my brain started playing scenarios where I embarrassed myself and Samuel stops being my friend. I know I’m being ridiculous but I couldn’t stop it Clara would be whacking me with a pillow right now.
Sighing I dug out her old CD player and a mix CD. All the songs could be accessed by my phone but this made me feel closer to her. As October fall faded into three days grace I felt my body and mind relax, the noise in my head finally drowned out.
I must have fallen asleep as the next thing I was aware of was the quiet spinning disk as I turned its power off Clara’s ringtone startled me. I noticed she had called twice already and realized that must have been what woke me up.

“Hello?” I answered groggily

“So you finally fell asleep I take it?”

“Yup, and you woke me up.” I sighed not meaning anything by it as I’m always happy to talk to her.

“Good! So what’s the problem?”

“I don’t know I’m just being weird.

“Well you’re always being weird I want to know what you wanted to talk about so late at night.”

“It’s really nothing I’m feeling better now.”

“That’s just because the psycho part of your brain is still asleep. Does it have anything to do with whats-his-name? Did he do something?”

“Yes- I mean no! No, he didn’t do anything bad he just wants to introduce me to his friends tomorrow- today.” I corrected realizing it was nearly six in the morning.

“Oh, people. I see your problem, do you know if it’s a large group?”

“Not a clue.”

“Well you know my philosophy, if you don’t feel the part dress up to fit it!”

“No skirt-

“Did I take that maroon skirt or do you have it?”

“I’m not wearing a skirt,”

“Oh how about the baby blue one with the lacy long sleeved top!”

“Okay that is a cute outfit- but I don’t want to look like I over did it or I’m trying too hard can’t I keep it casual.”

“No way I’m already committed to this outfit!”

“You are insane.”

“Thanks for the reminder."

“Don’t worry we both know we’ll be locked up together.”

“Oh you know I’ll make sure of that, I go down you go down with me.”

“Any chance we could get locked up today so I wont have to embarrass myself in front of group of strangers.”

“Oh my god girl you need to relax”

"I cant I'm way to anxious. You know how awkward I can be around too many new people”

"It wont be so bad how about we burn off this negative energy! Come on I’ll invite you to work out with me on the app."