Jealous Archie (part two)

Archie's POV

I was fuming. Betty should be with me not Jughead. What does he have that I don't? and I mean, she was in love with me first so that means I get her, right? I need to find her and tell her I love her before its too late. She obviously still loves me, I mean come on, look at me. I'm Archie Andrews. Every girl wants to be with me. But where would she be? Maybe she's at the register with her parents or maybe she's with Kevin at Pop's. I could check both places but I think the most likely would be Pop's with Kevin.

I arrived at the front of Pop's diner. This is it. I can finally win Betty back from that beanie-wearing piece of south side trash. I walked into the diner and heard the signature bell ring as the door opened and closed. I looked around for Betty but when I saw her, she wasn't with Kevin. She was with him. Jughead. Ugh, I should have known. She was laughing at something he said when she looked up at me and her smile suddenly dropped. Jughead then turned around and faced me as I started walking towards them with an evil grin spread across my face.

Betty's POV

As Archie was walking towards us I started getting worried. He didn't look like the boy next door anymore, no, he had a dark look in his eyes like he as ready to hurt anyone who was in his way. He looked dangerous. Jughead must have noticed that I was scared because he reached his hand over the table a grabbed mine stroking it with his thumb. I took my eyes away from Archie to look at him. He gave me a genuine and reassuring smile and his eyes were filled with love and safety. And I relaxed a little bit. I always feel safer when Juggie's with me.

Archie stood in front of our booth just looking between me and Juggie not saying anything. Juggie and I looked at each other confused and then I spoke up.

"Uh hey Archie, do you need anything?"

"Yeah actually I do" he replied with confidence "I need to know why you're here with this when you could be with me."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean I saw you two, in your room. Betty why are you with him when it's obvious you should be with me"

I was so angry. He had his chance! And he was the one who rejected me! And Juggie is so much more amazing than he ever was or ever will be. I got out of the booth and was about to start screaming at him but Jughead was already up and shouting

"I can't believe you, Archie! You cannot come in here telling Betty she should be with you when you were the one to reject her in the first place. And she is not just some object you can claim as your own she is an amazing, beautiful and strong person so do not ever speak to her like that or you will regret it!"

I was so proud to have Juggie. He is so sweet and I'm happy that he stood up to Archie. But clearly Archie didn't feel the same way. He looked at me quickly then swung his fist and hit Jughead right in his eye. Jughead stumbled a little bit but managed to stay up. I quickly walked over and with all my strength punch Archie in the face. He stumbled back and fell over. I went to Juggie, grabbed his hand and headed outside of the diner. I moved his other hand which was covering his eye and looked at it. It was all swollen and purple.

"Oh my god Juggie I am so sorry this happened to you" I apologized

"You don't need to apologize, Betty, I'm fine really, and you got him pretty good as well. I'm sure no one else will mess with you now" he laughed.

I laughed with him and we headed back to his trailer where we put some ice on his eye and spent the rest of the night cuddled up watching movies.