Shake on It

Betty's POV

I'm feeling really happy today. Why? I have no idea but I don't really care. I've been incredibly stressed out lately with homework and working at the Blue and Gold so I'm glad that I'm feeling much better today.

I walked into school, feeling much more confident than usual, and went into the student lounge in search of Kevin and Veronica. They're my best friends and I love them, they're great and will literally do anything for me just like I'd do anything for them.

I saw them sitting and gossiping about something so I sat down next to Kevin to join the conversation.

Jughead's POV

"Ok, I bet you couldn't get the perfect girl next door, Betty to go out with you" my best friend Archie said.

"Really? I definitely could."

"Ok, then, do it. I dare you to ask her out then break up with her after 2 months."

"Ok, I'll do it. Shake on it?

"Yup" he agreed as he shook my hand.

Betty's POV

I was at my locker grabbing some of my books when I felt someone tap me on the shoulder. I turned around and I was surprised when I saw Jughead Jones standing there. He's quite popular at school and he's never talked to me until now. I looked around to see if any of his friends were hiding somewhere maybe he was going to pull some sort of prank on me but no, I couldn't see any of them.

"Um hi, do you need something?"

"Yeah, actually, um, well I was just wondering if you would maybe want to hang out sometime?"

I was shocked. Jughead Jones. The Jughead Jones wants to go out with me. Why? I think this is some sort of prank. I mean, why would he ask me, we've like, never talked to each other until now.

"What? I mean, uh...sure. When?" I asked. He seemed pretty genuine. Maybe it actually wasn't a prank.

"How about tonight? At Pop's. is that okay?

"Yeah, well I'll see you later I have to go to class"

"Yeah see you soon" he replied and walked off. Wow. I definitely was not expecting that. But I'm actually kind of excited.

----------------------Time Skip----------------------

I just finished getting ready when I heard a knock on the door. I skipped downstairs and opened the door to see Jughead standing there with a rose in his hand, smiling at me. I smiled back and started blushing a little bit.

"Hey, you look really beautiful tonight"

"Thank you, you don't look so bad yourself" he handed me the rose and I put it in a vase before stepping outside and walking to his car. He opened the door for me and then ran over to his side and got in.

The drive there was quite nice. We talked the whole way there and he was so polite. He was definitely not what I was expecting.

We pulled up to the diner and he got out of the car and opened the door for me again to get out. We linked arms as we walked into the diner and sat down and then a few minutes later Pop came to take our orders.

Were now in the car to take me home and we haven't stopped talking once. We have a lot in common and he is not like all his other friends who are complete assholes who never had any respect for anyone.

He walked me up to my door and we both stopped and looked in each other's eyes. He then placed his hands on the sides of my face and pulled me in for a soft but passionate kiss. I kissed back and we both melted into it. We pulled away to catch our breath and rested our foreheads together. he then lifted his forehead off mine and looked deep into my eyes.

"Betty Cooper, will you be my girlfriend?" he asked

"Yes! Of course, I'd love to!" I replied and connected our lips again.

----------------------Time Skip----------------------

Jughead's POV

Betty and I have been dating for almost two months now. I know this all started out as a dare but I have actually fallen in love with Betty so now there is no way I'm following through with the rest of the dare (not that I actually remembered anyway. I only recently remembered it was a dare when Archie reminded me that it's almost been two months). We haven't said 'I love you' yet but I plan on doing it soon as well as telling Archie that I'm not breaking up with her as I had no time to do it when he told me about the two-month thing.

It's Monday morning and Betty had just said bye to me before running off to speak with Kevin and Veronica when Archie came up behind me.

"So only five days left until you get to break up with her. You must be so relieved, how has it been with her? Is she like, really annoying and everything? She looks like it."

"Hey! You have no idea what you're talking about. She is the most amazing, smart and beautiful person I have ever met! And this isn't some stupid little dare anymore, I actually really like her so don't you dare say any of those things about her!"

"Woah, chill dude, you're not serious, are you? You mean, you actually like her, why? She was just a dare anyway you can break up with her now."

"what?" I hear a voice say from behind me. I turn around to see Betty standing there with tears in her eyes. "I was just a dare? I can't believe you! I thought you actually liked me and cared for me. I thought you were different, but I guess not" and with that, she turned and walked away.

I was standing there, tears in my eyes. I can't believe I've hurt the one person who I cared about most. I couldn't do this; I can't give up. I quickly gathered myself and ran after her. I think I know where she would be.

I opened the door to the Blue and Gold room to see my love sitting in one of the chairs, head in her hands crying her eyes out.

"Betts," I said and she slowly lifted her head up to face me. I walked over to her, kneeled down in front of her and took her hands into mine.

"Betty, I am so so sorry about what happened. I admit it did start out as a dare but I swear to you that It was the worst mistake of my life and I'm so sorry that I hurt you. I told Archie that I'm not going to go through with it. And I'm sorry I made you feel like I didn't love you because the truth is, I do. Betty Cooper, I am so in love with you, you have no idea and I really hope you can forgive me someday.

Betty didn't say anything after that. She just stared at me and then her eyes flickered down to my lips and back up and then she grabbed my face and pulled me into a kiss.

She pulled away and looked me in the eyes again and said...

"Jughead Jones, I love you too"