19// Fake Proposal

3 months later

Ahmad's POV
"Yaya you have to tell us" Fatima bugged me
"No it's a secret" I smiled
"Noooo. You have to tell us" they all screamed including Anty Radiya.

Well they've been bugging me to tell them who my girlfriend is and the truth is that I don't have any.

"Tell us. Tell us. Tell us!" They kept yelling this time including Baba. Wow

"I would like to know who my future sister in law is" my cousin, Farouk who came last week wiggled he brows.
"Oh yes"Feenah, his sister clapped. Such a baby.
"Okay..............her name is........." I paused. What should I say.

Help. Let me just say a random name
"Is what mana" ummi whined
"Nabila" I smiled. I'm sure they'll be surprised. I'll just play a game on them

The next thing I heard were squeals from them
"I knew it"
"Aww I never expected such"
"It was obvious, just waiting for him to confess"
They kept yelling

"What are we waiting for, let's make formal introduction" that was baba. What
"Nooooo" I shouted making all of them look at me

"Don't you want to get married" anty Radiya smiled
If I say no they'll start getting suspicious

"No.....I mean i-it's too f-fast. You haven't met her y-yet" I stammered. I really hope they'll believe this excuse. Immediately I saw aunty Radiya laughing I sighed finally.
"You think we won't like her. Okay then, invite her tomorrow for dinner"
"No" I said sharply before noticing their confused expression"i-i mean y-yes. Sure but I think we should move it till tomorrow. She might be busy" I mentally clapped for myself. I never knew I could be this good at lying.

"Okay then. Tomorrow it is. Let me even call her mom" anty Radiya said and vanished out of the palour.
I'm doomed.

I jogged upstairs and grabbed my phone to call Nabila.

I called her about three times before she decided to pick.
"Hey are you in the hospital" I said
"Yes but I'm about to leave, why do you ask"
"Okay don't leave I'm on my way" before she could say a word I cut the call and ran downstairs to my car. I've got no time to waste.

Nabila's POV
I wonder why Ahmad called. I saw his missed calls and I was about to call back when he called.

I really hope it's not an emergency. I went to the cafteria and ordered two pieces of French toasts and a cup of lemonade.

I was halfway through my food when Ahmad's call came in.
"Can you please come to your office? I came here two minutes ago but noticed that your office locked. I hope you haven't gone home" he said in one breath.
Is he okay?
"I'm in the cafteria. You can ask for directions" I replied sipping my lemonade
"Alright" I hung up and continued eating.

***************
"So what happened" I asked him as he sat down"do you need any thing"
"No actually I......"
"I mean something to eat"
"Well no, enjoy yourself" he smiled while I nodded
"I-i-I know that I m-made this d-decision in a hurry but i-i want u-u-us to g-get" he paused
"You want us to what" I said clearly confused then ate a bite of the toast

"I want us to get married" I choked after hearing those words. The coughs were getting unbearable as I felt tears in my eyes. Ahmad passed me the glass of lemonade which I gladly accepted.
"Are you okay?" He asked looking concerned and I nodded after it subsided.

"I knew that you will be shocked but please try and understand this is my only hope, otherwise I will get married to another person that I don't know" I looked at him for a second before saying
"Ahmad I'm confused. Explain"