Chapter 7

It is a me and Rowan day. We haven't had one in so long we decided we're just gonna pick up and leave. We are going to go ice skating today since it is Christmas break after all. And after my Christmas adventure yesterday I just want to do something fun with someone I love. Also I ditched Corey for Rowan and I don't regret it.

Since this is Florida and it doesn't get cold we don't have an outdoor ice skating rink so we are going to an indoor one.

"Ready?" I ask Rowan just before we leave my room.

"Yep" She says.

So we head out the door and go to my car. On the way there we blasted throwback songs and sung as loud as we could.

Once we got there we did the usual. Go inside, get our skates, joke about how I am still shorter than her while I am wearing skates and she isn't.

"Do you know how to ice skate?" I ask

"Nope" She says. "Do you?" She asks.

"Yeah I do. Don't worry I'll help you" I say.

So we go out on the ice and the second she gets on it she falls. We start cracking up. Luckily not to many people are here.

I help her up. "You can't just walk on it like it is the ground." I say.

"I didn't know that" She says.

I hold her hand and start to go while pulling her and I try to show her how to do it. She wasn't really having it. After about a half an hour I decide it is time to stop trying.

"Want to go get some hot chocolate or something?" I ask

"I would love to" She says.

We leave the rink and head over to the snack stand and get hot chocolate. After that we sit at a table.

"Having fun?" I ask

"I always have fun when I'm with you" She says.

"Good I'm glad" I say. "Do you want to go back or do you want to do something else?" I ask

"Can we go to that mall we went to that day?" She asks

"Of course" I say.

So we return the skates then go back to my car and start driving. We weren't jamming out like before it was pretty quiet in the car.

"Can I ask you something?" She asks.

"Anything" I say

"Do you still love me like how we were over the summer? All lovey dovey young teenage girls" She asks.

"We weren't that young it was only a few months ago" I say.

"I know but I feel like it was so long ago and we have both grown and changed since then" She says.

"I don't even know anymore. I still love you like I did back then and I still love Corey but I can't tell if it is a love just because he has been my best friend since we were in kindergarten or if I am in love with him" I say. "Do you think you can love two people at once?" I ask.

"No. The second I started dating Ashley I lost all feelings for you then the second we broke up I was back to being in love with you" She says. It was silent for a few seconds. "I'm sorry I kind of ignored you when me and Ashely were dating" She says.

"It's ok. That is over now" I say.

"Is this like something you struggle with everyday? Like the not knowing who you love" She asks.

"Every second of everyday." I say.

"Aw sweetie. I'm so sorry" She says and you can hear the empathy in her voice.

"It's fine. Let's talk about something else" I say. I can feel myself starting to get upset for the conversation.

"Are you excited to go back to school?" Rowan asks me.

"Ha. No" I say.

"I'm so excited to go to your school. It is going to be so much fun" She says.

"Yeah I'm excited to have you there" I say.

So we went to the mall and did what teenage girls typically do, buy new clothes.