Chapter 24

{I've spent the past week reading all my past stories and I have a few comments. One, they are so fucking cringe. Two, there are so many typos. Three, they have been giving me the worst headaches at night. Four, I was so tone deaf and I'm so sorry}

"Good morning" I say when I notice Rowan open her eyes.

"Good morning" She says back in a tired voice and cuddles deeper into my chest.

"I had a lot of fun last night" I say.

"Me too" She says, still having a tired voice.

"Are you excited for school today?" I ask.

"That is a lot a lot less fun" She says, no longer having a tired voice. She sits up and faces me. Giving me a little peck on the lips.

We get dressed and head downstairs. I got nervous as we were walking down the stairs. I remembered the conversation our parents had last night.

"Good morning girls" My mom says.

"Good morning" Ben says.

We both say good morning and then sit at the table with them.

"What did you two end up doing last night?" My mom asks.

I kept my mouth shut and let Rowan answer this one.

"We went to the little diner and got waffles and milkshakes then came back here and watched a movie" Rowan says.

"No wonder you two didn't eat any of the cookies I made" My mom says.

"Yeah we were stuffed" I say.

"We'll bring some to school" Rowan says.

"Good you can bring some to Corey. We have too many." My mom says to me.

"Actually Corey's sort of being talking to someone and told me to back off yesterday because she was getting jealous" I say.

"Oh." My mom says. "Well he shouldn't be putting a relationship before your eleven year friendship" She adds.

"It's fine. He'll come back around eventually" I say. "And I'm sure Auggie will eat all the cookies anyway" I say.

"He definitely will" Ben says.

Rowan and I head off to school. My mom gave us each of bag with two cookies in it. I drive us to school and then we walk into our first period class.

Corey was seated in the back next to Charlotte. I sat in my usual seat and Rowan sat in Corey's seat. 

"What should we do after school?" Rowan asks.

"I didn't know we were doing anything" I say.

"Why do you have plans?" She asks.

"Nope" I say.

"Well we did have a lot of fun last night I was thinking we could do something again today" She says.

"Let's do it but I want to plan it this time" I say.

"Deal" She says.

*  *  *

"So what do you have planned for today?" She asks as we're walking to my car.

"I was think we could do the three course meal tiktok trend" I say.

"That sounds absolutely perfect!" She exclaims. "And I'm hungry so it's even better" She adds.

"Me too" I say.