FOURTY NINE

CHAPTER FOURTY NINE

1991

      TEN YEAR OLD JADE HAYES watched as the Winter Soldier fought without any emotion or mercy being seen. She stood by the commander, hands behind her back as she observed the fight, taking notes of techniques to add to her own fighting style, which had imporved a lot since she became Hydra's youngest operative, truly believing what they did was to better the world.

She watched, moving onto the ball of her feet, as the soldier, who had recently been injected with the serum, gripped onto the prosthetic limb, bending it in an impossible way for any normal human. The Winter Soldier tried to fight back but the new super soldier got the upperhand, landing a solid punch and forcing the Winter Soldier into the glass wall Jade and the commander stood in front of.

Jade poked her head around the side of the commander, watching the Winter Soldier grunt and look up with fury burning his eyes.

"Good work," the commander said, crossing his arms.

One of the doctors stepped forward, going to check the super solider when he reacted, gripping onto the doc's neck and slammed him into the groud. The fear and pain filled scream shot through the large hideout, making Jade jump before straightening her posture. She tried to hide how scared she was when the other soldiers began attacking. Her breathing sped up as the brawl started, the scene being scarring to the young girl.

"Get the sorceress and I out of here," the commander instructed with a heavy accented voice. He drew his pistol and gripped onto Jade's forearm. The Winter Soldier obeyed his wishes, beginning to move forward and protecting them from the chaos.

Seeing someone try to attack them, Jade moved her hands in a circle motion before pushing forward, sending the female soldier flying back with a wind current wrapped around her. The Winter Soldier paid no attention to it and instead caught another that tried to attack, throwing him away and leading Jade and the commander to the safety.

When he continued forward, Jade took one last look at the chaos, breathing heavily as it unfolded. She didn't move until the Winter Soldier gripped onto her shoulder, forcing her to turn.

🎶

2016

"WHO WERE THEY?" STEVE ASKED, now leaning against the doorframe with his arms crossed loosely across his chest. Sam made himself comfy in the other corner as Laurel sat beside Bucky, her knees pulled to her chest as she watched her old partner explain the situation she didn't know about.