THREE

CHAPTER THREE

     THE LIGHTS WERE DIM AND the shadows that were being casted hid the feared assassins from the naked eye

The Winter Soldier took a seat at a corner table, his black clothing easily hiding him within the shadows. The Siren stepped around the small room, curiously examing the small decorations and pictures. They were unique, her long fingers gently picking up a small frame. The photo inside consisted off something that resembled a celebration, bright yellow light lighting up a fancy looking room. A room the Siren knew she'd never be seen in.

The place she called home consisted of dirty walls, ripped blankets and shadows. Standing there, she realise it really wasn't a home or room even.

Placing the frame back down, Black Siren regained her attention, focusing and backing up to the Winter Soldier. Footsteps padded against the clean floors and judging by the sound becoming louder, the owner of the footsteps was coming towards the two. The Siren returned to the shadows, her own outfit hiding her perfectly. She placed one of her feet on the brick wall, leaning against it with her arms crossed. She waited as patiently as she could.

Alexander Pierce rounded the corner, completely missing the pair of deadly assassins and went to the large fridge, pulling it open.

The fridge's light was slightly bright for Black Siren but she kept her stance and her dark, emotionless eyes followed the man. Pierce soon turned around with a carton of milk and paused when his eyes met that of the Winter Soldier's.

The Siren could practically hear his heartrate speed up as he stared at her partner, knowing the damage and dread he and her have caused many over the years.

There was silence, allowing Black Siren to hear the quiet chirps of the crickets outside and the fridge slammed close. Her outfit really hid her in the shadows next to the soldier.

"I'm going to go, Mr Pierce," a more femine voice announced, destroying the eerie silence. "You need anything before I leave?"

Both the soldier and siren stared at the man, waiting patiently for him to dismiss, what Black Siren thought to be, his maid.

"No... Uh, it's fine, Renata, you can go home," Alexander dismissed, not moving his eyes from the Winter Soldier.

"Okay, night-night," the maid said as her goodbye, making Black Siren roll her eyes.

Childish words she thought to herself at the saying, knowing that it sounded like something a five-year old would say.

"Goodnight," Pierce answered and the woman,  Renata's, footsteps became distant along side the front door slamming shut.

A few moments of silence passed and Black Siren began drumming her fingers on her dark sleeve as she waited. She was beginning to grow impatient.

"Want some milk?" the man asked rhetorically, still not fully noticing the woman's presence in the shadows.

Neither assassin answered, leaving Alexander to retrieve one glass and pour himself some of the white liquid.
The sound of the milk hitting the glass was almost slow but calming in a way to the Siren.

"The timetable has moved," Pierce went on to explain as the glass cup became filled. "Our window is limited."

The man took a drink before walking around the kitchen counter, taking a seat at the corner table with the soldier.
Black Siren narrowed her grey eyes at him, watching him closely as he approached the two. Her stance stayed strong, ready to pounce if he tried something on her partner, her friend.

"Two targets, level six. They already cost me Zola, " the man continued to explain, making Black Siren roll her eyes again. In all honesty, she found the man known as 'Zola' annoying on the few times they crossed paths. "I want confirmed death in ten hours."

The Siren fell into thought as she tried to mentally plan how to kill Captain America, along with his little sidekicks. A cry could knock them down instantly but without being close to their ears, it won't do anything permanent damage.

Suddenly, footsteps appeared, snapping Black Siren out of her train of thought. She finally stepped out of the shadows, letting her arms fall to her side and her presence be fully known.

Alexander Pierce stared up at her in slight shock but the Siren ignored him, narrowing her eyes at the space in front of them, having a hall lead into it.

"Sorry Mr Pierce, I..." Renata's voice reappeared and she froze in place when she saw the three. "I forgot my... Phone..."

"Oh Renata, I wish you would have knocked," Pierce snatched one of the Winter Soldier's pistols and aimed it at the maid, who's eyes were wide and heart rate speeding up almost to the point of the speed of light.

"No," the soldier said sternly, making Pierce look back at him. He looked up to the siren and the blonde woman grinned evily, stepping forward with her hands clasped behind her back.

She knew what he was wanting her to do. "With pleasure."

Her boots clacked loudly against the wooden floor as she walked over to the innocent woman. Behind her, Alexander Pierce watched her with slight fear but also curiosity, having heard of what the blonde could do.

The siren reached out to the maid, placing a hand on the woman's shoulder, holding her in place. Renata trembled under her gaze and when their stares met, Black Siren stepped to the side and leaned near her ear.

She let out a strong but soft canary like cry, the sound waves rippling through Renata's ear. The woman let out a shriek only to fall to the floor in silence with blood seeping out of her ears.

Black Siren clasped her hands behind her back again and turned to the Winter Soldier and Alexander.

The soldier stared at his partner, the blue eyes under the charcoal almost admiring the blonde, with Pierce staring at her in complete shock. The one gesture told the man not to get on Black Siren's bad side, now seeing first hand how easily she could kill someone.

"As I was saying," Alexander stated, turning back to the soldier who still had his eyes focused on the siren. "Confirmed death in ten hours, understood?"

"Yes," the Siren answered, focusing her eyes contact on her partner. "How hard can it be?"

Her voice was serious with an emotionless type of tone. Just the sound of her voice or cry could send people into nightmares because of the haunting sounds.