The talk

Lucas's pov

After Ava said all of that to me I was shocked. Maybe I wasn't looking at the whole picture. She did a lot for us to be together. I felt bad about everything I said to them. I decided I would talk to them when we ate dinner.

When I went to go back to Aunt Pats I got dirty looks. We jumped on the golf cart.

"How could you be so selfish? Sam was just trying to help." Jamie said. I looked at her then back to the road. Did she really just ask me this?

"I wasn't those are my kids and Im the father of them. And I wanted to help since im there dad."

"I get that but talking about his family wasn't right. Infront of everyone like that. You could tell he doesn't like talking about it."

"Who's side are you on?"

"Ava's right now. At dinner we are all going to sit down amd your going to apologize."

"Fine."

Once we got back I went an took a shower. I looked at my phone and saw a bunch of messages from the guys. I didnt want to talk to them right now.

Once we were all done we headed back to the cabin. I walked inside and saw Sam and Ava holding the babies on the couch. I just gave them a dirty look. I could see Ava smile. She just loved making me mad. I grabbed some food and went outside on the porch.

( I didn't add this on Kaylin's pov so this is before they went to sleep)

Jamie walked in and got Ava and Sam. I could see them hand the babies to Emily. They had scared looks. When they grabbed each others hand it made me mad.

"What do you want?" Ava asked not wanting to be here.

"I want to say sorry about what happened today."

"You should be because talking about someone's family like that isn't right. You dont know the whole story. And to just think you can come in like that and start yelling at us isnt right either."

"Im sorry but we should all makeup for the kids sake we dont have to all be bestfriends but be on half way decent terms." Jamie said.

"I'm with ya I don't want to take your kids away so we can make a plan for which days there with who." Sam suggested. I shook my head yes.

"Well I work every weekend except on a month. So that one weekend I can take them?" I said. It sucked I could only see them three days a month. But I have to work.

"That will work you okay with that Sam?" Ava asked him. Why does it matter to him.

"Yeah that's fine."

Ava and Jamie started to talk. Seems like they get along well.

"Im really sorry about talking about your family." I said trying to start a conversation.

"Its fine but I want you to listen to me. I know you're the dad of those kids. But when you weren't there someone had to be so I stepped in. Coming from a home with no dad just makes me a better one. I know how it feels with no dad. And I sure as hell didn't want those kids to go through with that. So just think. I basically helped you. Those kids need there real dad. But if anything happens I will be right there for them. I don't want to take the whole dad thing away from you. From what I heard your a good dad. Maybe not the past couple months but you were. And you can start over and be that good dad still." Sam said. He got up and went back inside. Ava looked over our way and gave me the death glare. She said bye to Jamie and then went to go see him.

"How did it go with you guys?" She asked sitting on my lap.

"He just told me that he didn't want to take the dad thing away from me. And then he told me that not having a dad in his life just makes him a better one. So he told me basically that he was a better dad." She didn't say anything back. She got off my lap and went inside. I don't know what to do anymore. Im loss. I just want my family. I just went back to aunt Pats for the night.