Chapter 22: His Girlfriend?

Talk about a given inappropriate task.

Don’t you think someone like me who isn’t even part of the student council is supposed to handle this job? Just because the principal believes I got the capabilities and stuff I got to be in position.

And guess what? Today’s the start of a hectic task.

Since I’m not in favor of it, I planned to just sit at the corner and maybe read some book or draw. That would rather be productive right?

As soon as I reached the gym everybody was all hands on with the work, just as I look at my left I saw Jacob instructing some guys on top of the ladder hanging the silver material.

I grinned and skipped happily to where Jacob was, good thing I got someone I know in this room and I wouldn’t be dealing with a bunch of strangers for an hour or two.

“Heyy!” I chirped

He looked at me and smirked. 

“What kind of good spirit brought you here?” I asked and seated on the bleachers.

He laughed bitterly before plopping down on the space next to me.

“I think I prefer this than dealing with the old lunch lady at the cafeteria for community service plus I got to spend the time with you” he shrugged

I’m turning tomato here, why would he even think of spending time with me. We always do, isn’t the time allotted for doing project enough? Besides, we mock each other every time we are together.

“Someone’s blushing” he teased

“Nah ah” I said tearing out the eye contact “Uhm… I’ll just go get something to drink want anything?” I asked and he just shook his head.

I got out of the gym and strode down the hall to the vending machine, as I arrived the spot I heard my phone beeped. I looked at it to see Dani sent me massage.

            Dani: Where are you Bree?

            Me: Still at School the PROM thingy remember? 

Just as I was about to check Dani’s reply my money accidentally slipped off my hand and fluttered down the floor until I assume a foot stopped it.

            Dani: Ow right, how could I forget. I’ll just talk to Mia then. Enjoy! ~xoxo

The girl then bent down to pick up my money before walking towards me.

“I presume this is yours?” she said handing me my money

Sure the money was mine, there were only two of us out in the hallway… duh. I wouldn’t be surprise that Allie could be that dumb, what can I say bitching is the only thing she is good at, especially being grouped with the popular ones.

Talk about popularity? Why do they crave for too much attention? Why high schools does even want to belong to such group where people would judge you on why do you wear this and that? Is that Gucci? Please tell me it is… oh I love you outfit and other line that goes along with nonsense fashion matters.

 So not being rude I resisted the urge to roll my eyes and forced a smile taking the money from her and said thank you.

“I see that you recently are hanging out with Jacob.” she said taking out her own money and got herself a coke and faced me.

“I think things aren’t clear yet to you, Jacob is mine!” she snarled before turning on her heel and swayed her hips back to the gym.

My brain certainly got messed up, the last thing I knew was he was flirting Vince. I never though she’s Jacob’s type, well what can I do he’s a man whore and dated a lot of girls. Well thou it doesn’t bother me a bit… like seriously.