Chapter 1: I just can't...

One last look in the mirror and I'm done.

I stood tall dressed in a vivid red dress that clung perfectly on my body, so as stopped right above my knee, matching it with a pair of silver pumps that complements my outfit.

My hair was put into side and curled, making it look vibrant with it's brownish shade, and light make up for the finishing top to sum up my look for tonight.

If you're wondering... well, this is the day I'm celebrating my 17th birthday, and my friends are throwing me a party tonight.

The last thing I discerned was when my best friends barged into my room.

I'm keyed up and anxious at the same time. Though I literally I can't see a thing with this fabric on my eyes, well, virtually I was blindfolded.

"Hey you ready?" I finally heard Mia speaks.

I was thinking that they had left me a few seconds ago, with nothing but silence occupied the room.

I smiled and replied, "Never been more!"

But rather heard both of them burst into laughter. God they just don't even know how much I wanted to rip this thing off my precious eye.

"Okay then... we'll get going," Mia spoke firmly.

They carefully took my hand and continued leading me down the stairs.

"I swear to god you two, I'll kill you if I fall," I said bluntly, as we took our pace and felt we were nearing the stairs already.

"Maybe you would, if you won't stop talking, and that would really be so hilarious,"

From whom I recognized was Dani, and again both of them erupted into laughter.

"Thank you, that makes me realize how much of a good friend you are."

"Oh we are, thanks," they both beamed in unison.

"Did you guys grew up in a town where sarcasm doesn't exist?" I mocked, making them both snicker.

As we came to a halt, my blindfold was finally untied. Suddenly feeling tensed, not knowing where the mental state is coming from.

As my eyes adjusted to the sudden brightness I couldn't help but gasp, everyone was here tonight, I could see acquainted faces amongst the guest, I presume.

"Happy Birthday Bree!"

Everybody greeted in accordance and started singing, I could see familiar faces but I was rather expecting someone nowhere to be found.

I strode my way throughout the corners in the house looking for that certain someone I wanted to see but, before I could look any further, I felt a hand stopped me.

Turning my heel, I came to face Dani, "Come on girl I think it would be great if you have to give your speech already."

"It's not like I have a choice."

I sighed rolling my eyes, honestly with this girl I really can't say no, especially when she starts dragging people to places.

'He'll be here in a little while' I muttered to myself.

I was currently standing in front of the crowd fidgeting my pearl bracelets totally being consumed by my thoughts, but before it takes me somewhere blurry I took a deep breath and cleared my throat.

"Hi! I would like to thank everyone for coming tonight and everyone who did the planning and stuff. So the night is young, I hope you guys enjoy the party," I announced, looking at the mass of teenagers around.