Chapter 33: Prior

§  Josh's POV

It has been more than a week since the day I saw Bree and Jacob in the middle of an important conversation at the parking lot. They were into real deep discussion so I leave it out.

Well she was doing great in her class and stuff, but then as if her life was sucked out from her body. 

She talks to us but it was obvious she was masking her real emotions so people around her wouldn't worry. Her eyes were gloomy, and she barely smile, her laughs were always strained.

She was seated right next to me, I looked at her and observed her. I could see that she was trying to be busy with the art she was making.

She was trying to paint something which I see was too dull to even call it an art, but still she was good at it.

I was finally out of my rapt when I heard the school bell rang signaling the end of class, since art was our last period.

Bree was now busy fixing her things. I then stood up next to her and willingly helped her stuff her belongings.

"Do you mind if I take you somewhere else?" I asked, hoping she wanted to go out with me, I mean like to talk, since it's bugging me to see her this way.

"Hmmn, Josh I... I..." she stammered, likely refusing to.

"Oh come on, now it's you who's trying to avoid me." I pouted, hoping that it would change her mind.

"No it's not like that, I... rea—"

"Please Bree?" I cut her off, and her lips twitched into a smile.

"So is that a yes?" I grinned, and she gave me a curt nod.

We then walked out of the school building and into the parking lot to my car. When we reached my car, I opened the passenger seat and asked her to get in.

"Where to?" She asked looking at me.

"Just some place." I shrugged.

Still the nosy Bree, good thing her problem does not completely change her. Still she manages to be nice and polite the way she is.

I took my side and started my engine, thinking of the only place I had in mind. It was good 20-minute drive away from school.

We then started driving through the busy streets ahead of our destination. Then the rest of the ride was a good place to see, there were growing trees and shrubbery along the road and I know for sure a wonderful scenery awaits us.

From the corner of my eyes I could see Bree smiling at the view she pictures before her. I hope the peaceful backdrop would help.

As soon as we reached our destination I immediately pulled over and stepped out of the car, walking over to Bree's side to open the door for her and it was evident in her features that she liked the scenery in here.

We then walk closer to the edge of the path to get a better view of the city, we both sat on a huge rock.

We stayed silent throughout, no one dared to speak, but moments later she finally broke the ice.

"Why here?" she asked with a blank expression.

I took a glance at her but she wasn't looking at me, she was staring blankly at the spot.

"It's peaceful." I shrugged.

She turned to me and looked at me with confusion, "Enlighten me Josh."

She was staring at me and so I did gazed back at her. "I 'am worried, we are worried."

"Why? There's nothing to worry about me." She said looking at me with an invisible mask written in her face.