Chapter 40: This Could Be

"Add more blue!" I suggested, pointing on the part where it needed more of that color than what has been applied.

He shook his head, disagreeing with my opinion,"Enough with the blue. Green is what we need this time."

"But it looks better with blue." I insisted, placing both my hands on my hips.

"Nah, its green." He replied smugly.

I turned then my back at him, and snapped, "Fine! How about you do your own and I'll do mine."

"Fine! As if I needed your help anyway."

I tell you if two artists work together, it would be a blast... I mean disaster.

So everything was fine for the first 15 minutes, we agreed to just do some painting for our group project, since it is what we both love to do.

The plan was perfect, I tell you, it was an awesome idea, but everything turned wrong way down as soon as we started doing the actual thing.

We bickered, we glared, I mean I glared at him the whole time. Not soon enough 'til the cup was full. I stood up and gathered my things.

"So in that case, I think you can handle it by yourself now. As you have said 'you don't need any of my help'." I angrily said, and finally finding my way out of the room.

I hurriedly went out, to my car, and drove my way home.

You might think I'm PMSing, and right. I'm feeling uneasy and he just flared up the fire and made me mad.

So if he doesn't need my help sure do, I don't need his help either.

--c--

"Listen up everyone, this box I'm holding right now contains pieces of papers, written are consecutive numbers, so whatever number you draw from it will be the number of presentor your group will be." Mrs. Ava announced.

So basically, after the incident last night I wasn't able to see Jacob. He has been missing in action and probably decided to left me hanging with the presentation of our project.

Last night has been a major brain storming for me, I gathered all the wisdom and courage I have in me to come up with a plan and take it into action to be my project.

Yes, indeed I'm doing it alone, since that one hell of a freaking boy, which is also for god's sake my partner decided to be mean to me and made me go home last night without finishing any of it.

Everyone lined up at Mrs. Ava's desk to get their number and lucky for me we were... I mean I was the 2nd presenter. I scanned the room for that brown-hair bad boy, but he was nowhere to be found.

There was a bit of hope in me that he had finished our project, but sad to say he didn't, for sure, because if he did he would be here right now.

The first group was Linda and Greg, they honestly had been really good friends since Mrs. Ava had grouped them for our English project.

The class had cheered up when they started singing the song they had composed. The song contained lyrics such as how grateful they are that both of them were chosen to be partners and hoping for chances to be together, blah... blah... blah.

Young love. I can definitely see how close they had become and they were really great together.

"Thank you Linda and Greg! That was an amazing performance. I hoped you two had learned something from each other. So I presume the next group is ready?" Mrs. Ava said sternly.

I took a deep breath and stood up from my seat. For the last time I scanned the room hoping to find him.

"Good Morning everyone, you might be wondering why I'm alone this very moment standing in front, where in fact this was a group project. I tell you it wasn't our plan, but I guess my metaphor of a partner just decided to have a plan of his own.