Chapter 17: In charge

I woke up to the snooze of my alarm, and I scrunched up my eyes when the sun rays hit me.

I took my phone only to find that I had 30 minutes to get ready for school.

"Oh God, oh Go-"

BAM!

"What the!" I cried out my voice echoing the room.

I had just fallen on my butt over some rug. Stupid rug!

This definitely not a good start, Mondays are making me crazy.

I rather quickly got up and dashed towards the bathroom to take a quick shower and putting on the first dress I had in hand.

Definitely easy to put on, it was some pink sundress. After getting dressed up I quickly collect my phone, keys and threw it inside my bag, with my cardigan on hand.

I ran down the stairs, and out to my car. It had been a couple of days since the last time I had been running late to class, and just the last time I had bumped into someone.

Oh please not this time. I mumbled to my self.

My thoughts came to stop as I arrived school. I got out from my car and made my way to the school doors, to my luck the hallway was deserted surely I could make it to class in time.

Just in time the bell rang when I was few feet near the classroom, I wish Mrs. Smith isn't inside yet.

I then pushed the door open and heard a loud cry of pain, and pin drop silence filled the room.

I noticed that most of them were trying to hold their laughter. I could see some of them were biting their lips and chuckle silently.

What just happened? Why are all eyes were on me?

I looked down at the source of groan and tried suppressing my laughter at the scene before me.

Mr. Hamilton had fallen on his butt and sat on the floor with his hand covering his nose.

Oh my Gosh, with that I just realized what had happened.

He must have been by the door when I pushed it open. This is embarrassing.

The principal then stood up and composed himself before glaring at me "Miss Taylor the door was meant to be pulled and not pushed" he fumed with anger.

"I really am so sorry Sir" I coughed to cover up my laugh but I couldn't keep it myself any longer when he removed his hand from his nose to reveal it red and swollen.

I might have pushed the door really hard. But thanks to goodness there was no blood.

He narrowed his eyebrows and turned to the student around us who were obviously watching at the scene before them.

"I bet there Is no movie going on here" he act normal and everyone break the stare and turned front.

"And you!" he said pointing to me.

"Come to my office" he commanded before making his way out of the room.

Oh my God what did I just do?

I hurriedly made my way towards Mia and Dani who were snickering and was talking to each other.

"What am I gonna do know?" I asked with shaky hands.

"Hold your horses woman." Dani laughed

"Look, just tell him you're sorry. besides you didn't mean it, he surely will understand" Mia said

"But go after a while I swear I saw his nose fuming with anger" Dani chuckled.

"Really? You still have the guts to laugh? That was Mr. Hamilton the freakin' school principal, Jeez Dani" I spat out.

"Calm down Bree" Mia said.

"He probably broke his nose though" Dani said again letting out a chuckle.

"Why was he even here anyway?" I asked

"He was here for some announcement" Mia informed

"I think I have to go already before he gets madder" I groaned, and they both wished me luck before I stood up from my seat.

I walked down the hallway to Mr. Hamilton's office locking my hands together praying, before finally knocking the door.

"What can I do for you sweetie" Miss Pat beamed as I entered the office.

"Hi, I'm here to see the principal, I guess his expecting me today" I said courteously.

"Please take your seat for a meanwhile and I'll go tell Mr. Hamilton you are here" she said walking towards the principal's door.

After a couple of minutes waiting Miss Pat told me to get in already.

As I entered the room, felt my hands were shaking so I closed my eyes and started to rant.

"I'm really so sorry Mr. Hamilton I didn't know you were there and please don't suspend me, I promise to be careful next time"

The room was filled with silence, so I felt opening my right eye only to see the principal was staring at me with wide eyes.

I don't know if he was shocked with my sudden rant or just really angry at me to even say such word.

"It's alright, I'm not going to suspend you." he cleared his throat.

"Really? You mean like it was fine and that's all?" I said with shock evident on my tone. "Sir?" Manners Bree, he's older, I mean like his the Principal and I need to respect him.

"Well not really that easy Miss Taylor" he said with serious tone this time.

"I need you to do something for the school"

"Wait... What?"

"Since you are one of the responsible students I know, I wanted you in charge for the preparation of the Prom" he clarified.

"No! I can't sir" I disagreed turning my heel and ready to leave.

"It's okay, Go get your form to Miss Pat then you can start doing Community Services today." he said like it was no big deal

How is this happening? For Pete's sake I don't want to be in this position, never will I do community service.

"You're unbelievable!" I gasped without even thinking that i was talking with the principal.

"Yes I 'am, and nothing will change my word" he spoke sternly.

"Ugh, Fine I'll do it" I groaned.

"Very well then, these could help you" he said and started sorting the files out on his desk.

After handing me the needed papers I made my way out of his office not saying a word. I know that was impolite but serves him right he's over using his power.

---

well well well..

heres an update, been busy for the past days and... and i think theres no chance were having our sem break with this state. THESIS definitely stress me out.

sleepless nights, and major brainstorming for revisions and stuff.

xoxo ~annie