Chapter 10: You speak French?

"Bree! Wake up sweetie" I head mom yelled slightly banging the door.

I groaned and placed a pillow over my head. It's freaking early in the morning, you expect me to get up, I'm sleepy for God's sake.

"Better get up or you'll be late for school" mom again speaks up and knocks on my door.

I turned to the right side of the bed to see my mini clock says I only have 30 minutes left before my class starts, "Oh my oh my I'm going to be late" I muttered to myself swiftly getting up on my bed and run towards the bathroom, good thing I have my own bathroom joint in my room, and it was only a couple of steps to get there.

After a quick shower, I hurriedly dressed up in a shirt and pair of skinny jeans, there was no time to worry about how would I look, it's not like I'm impressing someone, as long as I get into comfortable clothes then I'm far way better than that.

I made my way downstairs and get myself something to eat along the way, and said quick goodbye to mom. "Be careful sweetie" I heard her say as I dashed out of the house to my car, and drove my way to school.

I jogged on my way inside the school, turning in the corner and stopped quickly, nearly running into a group of teachers walking down the hall. I glowered, could they walk any faster. To my annoyance they continued walking at a snail's pace. They were chatting and laughing so loud that they didn't heard me saying "excuse me" no matter how many times I repeated.

Now I was going to be really late for sure. I sprinted once they were out of my way, I got 2 minutes before the bell rang, I can do this, I turned in the corner my mind was focused into getting to my class as fast as I can, and to my surprise I ran into something hard, that I realized it wasn't something but someone and that made me fall on my butt.

"Oh my, I'm definitely late" I muttered to myself

"I'm so sorry" I heard an apology from which I know came from the guy I bumped into.

The bell rang and I groaned "its fine, I'm obviously late" I sighed

Immediately grab the hand he was offering me. I nodded and said thanks, looking up I saw a face of a gorgeously fine man, I think his new because he doesn't look familiar. I utter an apology and sulked towards the classroom.

When I entered the room all eyes turned to me, Mrs. Smith then looked at me and frowned. "How nice of you to join us Miss Taylor" she spoke firmly.

My face heat up with all the attention that was on me "I'm sorry" I counter

"Since this is your first time being late, I'll consider it. Just go take your seat then before I change my mind" she said gesturing me with her hand.

I sulked to my seat and slipped in sighing deeply. When someone poked me on my shoulder, I turned to see it was Mia looking at me curiously.

"What happened?" she snapped

"Nothing, I woke up late, rush my way to school and bam! I ran into someone on my way here" I retorted sighing.

"You're crazy" she snickered, I was going to fight back but then quickly shut my mouth when I heard Mrs. Smith called our attention.

"Miss Addison, would you like to share something to the class?"

"I I'm sorry Ma'am" Mia stuttered sounding flustered

"Just try to hold it in when I'm talking, or ill send you two out" she said sternly "Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes Ma'am" and Mrs. Smith continued the discussion

"Talk about it at lunch" I mouthed to Mia and turned front to participate on the discussion.