(18) Little Australia

When Margot and Bella finally got to go home from the hospital, it was soon time for Christmas.

It was Bella's first Christmas, and literally all of Margot's family had flew in from Australia. Not only her grandparents, but also aunts and uncles and even her cousins with their kids.

For Margot, this was one of the best things that had happened since she moved, but for Jared on the other hand, it was quite a scary experience.

Everyone loved Margot so dearly. She was the youngest of her cousins, and therefore also secretly loved the most by her grandparents. She had been a big joy to them all when she was born, because her parents had struggled so to get her.

All of them obviously had to come and meet the new addition to the family, but for Jared this wasn't that fun.

While everyone loved Margot and Bella, Jared was just there as the one who got Margot pregnant at such a young age, and many of them weren't too happy about that.

It didn't help that Doug was there, speaking shit about him to everyone.

Jared wasn't around all the time, but he had no choice if he wanted to see his daughter at all for about 2 weeks..not that he saw her much anyways, because there was always someone who was more prioritized.

At one point, all the noise created by all the heavily accented people (they were many.. really many) got a little too much to handle, and he went to Margot's bedroom for some peace and quiet.

He was there for about 20 minutes before Margot came in.

"There you are, I was looking for you!" She said, sitting by him.

"Why?" Jared asked.

"Why? Do I need a reason?" She asked, smiling at him. "Why are you here?"

Margot's smile almost hadn't left her face at all since they came, around the 20th, Jared loved it.

"I just needed a moment" he shrugged. "You can go back downstairs if you want to, you don't see them often"

"They can wait a few minutes" Margot said, sitting on his lap facing him.

"Your accent" Jared pointed out.

He had thought that Margot's accent was heavy before, but when she got together with her family, her real accent really came trough.

"Yeah I know, I'm sorry" She said. "I can't control it"

"No no, I like it" Jared smiled.

Margot smiled.

"My dad is taking them all to the annual Christmas business conference tomorrow night, so it'll be a lot calmer" Margot said.

"Have fun" Jared said.

"Jared are you crazy? Of course I'm not going! It's your birthday!" Margot said. "I've been to that like 1000 times before, of course I'm spending the day with you!"

"Really?"

"Well yeah, obviously! How bad of a girlfriend do you think I am?" Margot asked. "I have the whole day planned already, you just need to spend the night with me"

"I was planning to, but now I'm not sure if I want to" Jared joked.

"No it'll ruin the surprise if you don't!" Margot whined.

"You have surprises for me?"

"Yeah, at least two that I know you'll be really happy about" Margot smiled.

"You're amazing, you know that?" Jared asked, kissing her lips.

"I do, actually" Margot said, biting her lip and kissing him again.

It was just about to get heated when they were interrupted by a crying baby. Little Bella, who had been sleeping.

Margot got off of Jared, and went to pick her up.

"Shhh Bella.. we're here" Margot said, rocking her from side to side.

Then she heard her name being called from downstairs.

"Go to daddy for a second" Margot said, handing her to Jared.

When she opened the door, she was immediately picked up by one of her cousins, making her squeal.

They had all been acting like 10 year olds for the past week, and Jared just chuckled once they started with it again.

"Your mother Bella.. she's the most amazing woman I've ever met, but damn can she be childish, stubborn and annoying.. luckily it wasn't against me this time" Jared said, kissing Bella's forehead.

One thing he was very curious about was what surprises Margot had, that she knew he would be happy about, because he couldn't remember telling her that he had anything he wished for.

Little did he know, but the next day would definitely be a day he would remember.