|Twenty two|

The much anticipated day had come,and Huda was beyond ecstatic as well as nervous. Just thinking about it gives her the chills and is more anxious than ever. At that moment in time,she did the one thing that would ease her nerves...

Call Imam.

She patiently waited for him to pick her call wanting to hear his soothing voice which was capable of washing away...

"Assalamualaikum" And that was all it took for her to feel relieved. She felt as if the leaning tower of Pisa was lifted off her shoulders as she slumped down on the bed. She still could not believe how his voice became a remedy to her situation. And it was just a matter of time before he becomes hers to hold and cherish till eternity.

"Are you there?" He tried to confirm and she knows he'd be furrowing his brows which made him look cute.

"Yeah,I...I mean waalaikumussalam"her face was now crimsoned due to the blush that creeped her cheeks. She was flustered.

A deep chuckle resonated from the other end which made her frown a bit,but deep down she was overcome by joy.

"You could stop blushing now" she could not believe how the butterflies erupted in her stomach. She thought such feelings were only possible in books and movies,turns out she was wrong. The guy would be the death of her.

"Who told you I was blushing?" The smile radiating from her face was enough to prove her other wise.

"Yeah,right! And no,it has not been finalized"

She sighed disappointedly as she glanced through the wall clock.

"Eager aren't we?"he said teasingly wishing he could see the look on her face.

"No,I'm not-" an aunt of hers suddenly burst into the room.

"Huda! What I i seeing? Will you hang that call and quickly get ready?" With immediate effect,she stood up and ambled into the bathroom.

"Yaran yanzu ba kunya..."aunty Samira kept saying along the line until she left the room.

Meanwhile,the groom was all decked up looking sleek in his white kaftan. After his call with Huda,he absentmindedly slide into Sophie's contact were he drafted a message to her. Honestly,he still loves his wife regardless the situation and the events that happened,not that he does not love Huda,but each lady had her own side that intrigued him.He thought that at least when she hears about him remarrying,she would consider coming out from her hiding her place,but to no avail.

"I hope to see you soon,if not because of me,then for your daughter,our daughter" then came the conclusion.

He re-read and finally sent it. Afterwards,he shoved the phone into his pocket. The moment the car halted at the mosque,the feeling of trepidation washed over him. What if she turns out to be like Sophie? What if she had no choice? She was forced into this?What if-

"You need to calm down and take a deep breath" Bello stated.

"Everything is going to be alright"Abbas assured him.

"Are you sure? I mean it has been barely two years and-"

"And don't even think of crying like the last time,if not I don't know who will console who?" The bubbly Hamza added.

He both ignored their comment and proceeded into the mosque where he met his father-in-law.

"An daura auren Muhammad Imam da Hudallah Ibrahim bisa sadaki dubu dari lakadan ba ajalan ba. Allah ubangiji ya bada zaman lafiya" It was announced as the witnesses chorused an amin. With others chanting 'Alhamdulillah'.

He quickly brought out his phone as he couldn't wait to break the news to her.

" Assalamualaikum" her voice came through.

"Waalaikumussalam,it has been tied"

*****

Those words made her heart skip a bit. After all she has been through,what they have been through,they are finally tied into a holy matrimony. Tears of joy spill from her eye on their own accord as she thought of it.

"Say something,anything" he spoke from the other need as he could hear her soft sobs.

"I am just-I cannot- I'm just so happy"she finally said as the tears began to subside.

"You can say that again,after what we have been through,and it was thanks to one person" he said with an evident smile.

They started off on a flip side as they had tried to hide their relationship from their parents. And when her mom dropped the bomb,she could not help but feel sad and depressed and nearly lost hope.But after she explained to him and luckily he reasoned with her,everything began to fall into place. In fact,he was the one whom helped her talk to her mother,although at first she was not happy about it,but she later on realized her daughter's happiness was what matters the most.

"I can't wait to see your beautiful face"no doubt,she was grinning like goon.

"I know" she simply replied.

The couple were silent,it is said to believe that they were communicating telepathically. Each with an untold story to tell. They could not wait to be in each it herself embrace,to feel the presence of the other,hold each other like their life depended on it. In short,they were unable to contain theirselves.

Just when you think it is almost over,
It just began!

"I love you"

"I love you too"

•••••

P•S:two weddings took place in this chapter.