|Three|

Ammiey was seated on the bed in her room when a knock came through and afterwards,Imam walked in carrying Maya. He walked to the bed where he gently dropped her as he found a place to sit directly in front of his mother.

"Ammiey I'll be taking my leave" he announced as he kept stealing glances at his precious daughter.

"Imam,don't you think it's better you marry again" his mom said out of nowhere.

This is the conversation he always tries to avoid,but it seems like luck wasn't with him. "Ammiey-

"Before you say anything I just want you to know that Sophie would still remain your wife, but at least that would teach her a lesson" his mother intervened. I mean she's only trying to look out for her son, no mother would like to see her child in a state of uneasiness or difficulty.

"Thank you,Ammiey I'll think about it. Goodnight" he said just as an excuse to end the conversation that was making him uncomfortable.

"Why don't you move in for the mean time since there will be no one there to take care of you" she suggested. Oh the love a mother has for a child can never be understood nor compared.

He softly chuckled knowing very well it was an excuse his mom made in order for him to stay. "Don't worry Ammiey,I'll be fine" he said before he finally bade her goodnight.

As he came out from her room,he met his sisters downstairs watching a movie,Layla was the first to sight him as she paused the movie.

"Yaya,are you leaving already?"She asked which also made Farha as well as Huda whom was seated on the carpet to turn.

"Yes,I have a meeting in the morning so... goodnight and you guys should be in bed by now" okay this was his overprotective brother mode.

The duo pouted as this time Farha was the one whom spoke. "Haba Yaya,we're all grown ups fa,so we don't need a bedtime"she whined.

"Exactly!"Layla chirped in.

He simply smiled. "Says the girls whom recently stopped bedwetting" and that was how they threw tantrums here and there before he finally apologized. The trio were completely oblivious to her presence until she stood up in order to retire for the night.

"Okay girls,goodnight. And you follow me" he said as he walked to the door with Huda trailing behind him.

He stopped and turned to her as her head was duck low,probably because she was intimidated by him,who wouldn't. "Do you know the reason I brought you here?"

Huda was only able to shake her head indicating a negation.

"Well you'll be taking caring of my daughter Maya for the mean time before her mom comes back"he informed her and she couldn't help but ask.

"Okay,sir I hope Aunty is alright?"she asked though deep down she was extremely happy.

"That's none of your business,now I'm I clear?"he sternly asked

"Yes,sir" she nodded.

"Goodnight"he said and walked to his car without waiting for a reply.

It's been exactly two weeks since Huda moved into the Waziri residence and it has been nothing but complete piece of mind,she got to know a bit about Ammiey and she also got to meet Imam's father whom came back there days ago. He didn't take things lightly when Ammiey explained what happened and so he set up a meeting with Sophie's father.
Today being a Monday,both Layla and Farha had an afternoon lectures,so they got ready and Tahir the driver drove them to school. Huda wished she were them,she wish she could fulfill her mother's dream.

"You would go to school and become a Lawyer so that you would defend the poor and innocent. Every woman would want to be you and every man would want to be your husband,he will be proud to have you as a wife.You would pay for me to perform Hajj and if I die,you would give out sadaqah in my name"
When she was little,her mother would always tell her and that gave her the zeal to always work hard so that she could make her mother proud,but unfortunately after she graduated from secondary school a year ago,they could no longer afford her education and that was the reason she started working as a maid.

As she heard the wailings of Maya,she quickly walked to her cradle where she picked her up and rocked her back to sleep. She descended down the stairs with baby Maya on her arm as she sat on one of the sofas in the living room. Her attention was completely on the little girl,she was still wondering why Sophie will leave her almost two month old baby,though she didn't know the reason. Imam stood behind her as he cleared his throat and that was all it took for her to turn. She handed him his child as she squatted to greet him. Just then, Ammiey also walked into the living room.

"Ammiey,good afternoon" he greeted her to which she answered. Now, her attention was fully on Huda.

"Huda,why don't you go and rest, you've been working since morning" a concerned Ammiey said.

"No,wallahi it's okay" Huda simply replied as she left the duo.

Imam sat on the lush carpet as his mom was seated on one of the royal armchair. After they exchanged pleasantries with Ammiey,he asked the whereabout of his father.

"He left for work,but he said he'll be branching at your uncle's house before he returns" she elaborated

"And that reminds me,you'll be traveling to Katsina with your father concerning Sophie's issue" she added to which he simply nodded. Speaking of Sophie,he sure misses her,but he wants to teach her a lesson before he brings her back. Sometimes he wondered what attracted him to her,after all the cautioning he got from his family and friends. His father was against it at first.

"Haba Imam! As my only son,you ought to be responsible. How can you marry such a girl? You of all people should know the implications of getting married to 'yar mace considering what your cousin Ali is facing. Now tell me did she tell you the reason her parents got separated?"

This was his father's statement after he made research on his soon to be daughter-in-law. But at long last he gave in.