|Thirty six|

It was the early morning of what seemed like a sunny Saturday. The young couple were enveloped in each others warmth,not wanting to leave the bed. Imam whom was wake already could not help but stare at his pretty wife,she keeps looking more beautiful everyday,but he keeps questioning himself as to whether or not he was being selfish. The guilt was eating him up,but then yet again there was actually nothing to be guilty about. Lost in a trance,he didn't notice that Huda had woken up,until her soft palm gently stroked his cheeks lovingly.

"Ina kwana?(good morning?)" She gently spoke.

"Uhm?"

She gazed up at him with a frown.
"Is everything alright?"

"Yeah,what were you saying?" He asked as he slowly pecked her forehead.

"Nace Ina kwana?( I said good morning)

"Lahiya kalau,an tashi lafiya?"

Huda was already heading to the bathroom. He too finally stood up and stretched a bit as he attempted to make the bed,which he was terrible at.

"Alhamdulillah" she replied as she came out of the bathroom and approached him. She couldn't help but burst into laughter at his attempt of making the bed.

He stared at her with a slight frown which in all honesty made him look kinda cute.

"What's wrong?"he questioned.

"Nothing" she said as she bursted into another fit of laughter.

He clearly understood why she was laughing,but decided to drag it a bit.

"Seriously?"

"Okay,but it's the thought that matters right?" She replied with a wide smile as she kissed him all over his face.

"Plus,did you see your face?"

"What face?"

"That face that Maya makes when she's been denied of candy"

"Are you trying to compare my face,my sexy face to that of a cute toddler?"He gasped.

With an eye roll,she replied "oh please! Don't be such a drama queen,she's your daughter anyways" Huda was clearly enjoying every bit of this.

"Anyways..." she said as she literally dragged him to the bathroom. "Go take your bath,while I quickly go make breakfast" she ordered.

"Gee,someone is being bossy" he mumbled.

"What'd you say?" She questioned as she turned and gave him the look.

"Nothing!" He announced as he shut the door.

She chuckled as she put on a hijab with a smile on her face as she exited the room and headed straight to the kitchen. How she wish it could always be like this,her waking up next to her husband,all to herself. Speaking of which,her thought was interrupted as she stepped into the kitchen and was met with a frantic Sophie whom was trying to feed Maya. And from the look of things,it was messy. She simply stared at the duo as her eyes landed on Maya who suddenly stopped cry.

"Mammy!" The little girl squealed as Huda proceeded to pick her up.

"Baby! How are you?"she cooed as the girl giggled with joy.

"Good morning" she mumbled to Sophie as she walked pass her and proceeded to make breakfast.

"Morning"

"I was trying to feed her,but I don't know what's wrong. She keeps pushing the food away" she found herself saying,although it wasn't really necessary,but she felt the need to say it anyways.

Huda turned and that was when she realized what the problem was.

She doesn't take Friso,I was actually planning on giving out the remaining cans we have" she simply replied.

Sophie got the hint that Huda was not in the mood for talking to her,so she simply stepped out of the kitchen.

Huda kind of help bad,but hey! It was her fault if that was how Sophie wanted things to be. She kept Maya on the highchair and cleaned the mess Sophie made,then proceeded to make breakfast.

Almost an hour later,after she had kept the food on the dining,Imam finally came out and took a seat beside her as he carried a bubbly Maya who looked like she hasn't seen her father in ages.

"Dada!"

"Where are you going to?" Sophie questioned Imam.

She and her mom just came down to have breakfast,and they met Imam whom was about to step out.

"Umma Ina kwana?"he greeted her mother.

"Lafiya kalau Ali. Ina zuwa haka?"

"I just want to step out for a bit,I won't be gone for long." He replied.

"Alright,but I don't think you'll meet me when you're back,because my flight is in two hours"

"Mama you're already going? Tohm Allah ya kiyaye hanya" he said

"Amin"

Huda followed behind him as she left the mother and daughter duo.

"A dawo lahiya,my regards to my namecy" she said as he hugged her.

"In shaa Allah"

He was on his way to Suraj's residence after he has received a call from a distressed Huda the night before. He could recalled how she sounded over the phone as she called in the middle of the night.

"Subhanallah,Huda are you alright?"

"Yaya,it hurts! She has finally turned him against me,he hates me" she cried out.

"Who turned who against who? I need you to calm down" he tried to pacify her.

"Suraj-

"He- come and take me away please"

"Okay,calm down. I'll come over tomorrow in shaa Allah"

And as promised,he was on his way to Suraj's house. Ummie,who is also named Huda was once upon a time the woman Imam was arranged to marry,but things did not work out well. She also happens to be his relative and Suraj was no stranger to him either.

Meanwhile,back at his house,Huda walked back into the house and was still met with the mother and daughter duo.

"Mama Ina kwana" she respectfully said as she cleared the table. Immediately she was done,she walked back to her room to give Maya a bath and left the two of them.

"You see your life"

"What do you mean Umma?"

"Kina zaune wata zata kwace miki miji"

"What do you want me to do?"

"You stupid girl! Do I have to teach you everything"Hajiya Saude said annoyingly.

"Can't you see she clearly has him wrapped around her miserable fingers?" She said with disgust.

"Mama ko kallo na fa baya yi. You're a witness to that" Sophie complained.

"Idan yasan wata ai bai san wata ba"