|Seven|

After the whole lunch break scene,Imam took it upon himself to get married and not just be married. Upon the eleven months they have been married,Imam never got a proper meal from his wife,it's always been this housemaid to another yet his been putting up with her. Come to think of it,she's never for once prayed for him when he is about to leave for work like Hauwa did to Bello,she never welcomes him back,he doesn't come back to be met with a warmer of food talk more of a feast. He always depends on food from his parents house and yet he calls himself a married man? Was it that he was blind when he married her or something? He has to take actions! Another thing was that she always has a place to go,if it's not wedding,then it's a reunion,or naming-ceremony,or a birthday party,or baby shower. Yet when she gave birth,not even the neighbors came to checkup on her. She's always been rude even when they were dating,she's not religious at all. One thing he could positively say about her was that she knows how to dress up and cleanup herself,but not the house. He took it upon himself to change her.

While deep in his thought,he didn't know he was already at the gate and so,he just decided to park outside. He was welcomed by a homely feeling as his sisters and mother were seated with their attention completely on what Layla was showing them.

"Ammiey gaskiya you have to buy me this skin product" Farha said with a pout.

"I on the other hand would like you to buy me that bag" Layla said.

He chuckled at their display,how Layla was trying to throw a tantrum simply because Ammiey said she wasn't going to buy her the bag. As he had enough of it,he made his presence known as he walked further into the living room.

"She's not buying you the bag,you could die for all we care" he said with a huge grin as he greeted his mother.

"Ina wuni,Yaya Imam" Farha greeted him as she snatched the phone from Layla.

"How can you say that my lovely brother. Am gonna cry o" she pouted.

"In fact,cry an ocean". He replied

Sensing the look on his face,Ammiey dismissed the girls to their room.

"Imam,what is the matter my son?"she said with concern as her facial expression.

He heaved a heavy sigh as he was contemplating on whether to tell her or not. "Ammiey,I think the best solution is for me to remarry" he simply said.

"Alhamdulillah! Alhamdulillah! Alhamdulillah! You have finally gotten into your senses. That's more like it!"She commented as a huge smile came across her face.

"But-

"Okay I have a friend,and I highly recommend her daughter Huda,the girl is simply amazing,should I fix a date?" The woman was all giddy,she has been trying to persuade her son to remarry for over five months now,but to no avail.

"Ammiey! Baby steps,and if that's what you want, I shall allow you to proceed with it,but remember,baby steps" he said as he tried to remember what brought him.

"Where is the housemaid?"he enquired.

"She has a name,and she is probably in her room. What is wrong!"

"I'll be taking her with me,because I honestly think Safiya needs someone who would help her" he said.

Even after all the things she did or rather does,he always has her in mind. Indeed he really loves her!

"That is very considerate of you. Let me call her"Ammiey said.

"Huda? Huda? Hu-

"Yes,Ammiey you called for me?" In a matter of seconds,she was before them.

"Ina wuni" she greeted Imam in which he simply nodded.

"Pack you things,you'll be going back"Ammiey declared. Imam couldn't afford to miss her reaction as he remembered he also said those words to her,he involuntarily smiled a bit. She simply nodded and left. A few minutes later,she appeared with her luggage,she bid the household goodbye then proceeded to the car where Imam was already waiting for her.

*****

"Gaskiya you don't need to come" Sophie's younger sister said through the phone.

"Why won't I come? After all it's your wedding we are talking about here" Sophie spoke wondering why her sister is insisting on her not to come.

"Sophie,this is not my first wedding for crying out loud,moreover,I And Fawaz have come to an agreement daurin aure kawai za'ayi shikenan" Maryam insisted.

"And so... is that a reason?" She questioned.

"Look Sophie,you've spent almost two month at home which am sure Yaya Imam didn't approve of,and now when you bring up the wedding,he won't find it funny" Maryam tried to reason with her sister.

"Is that your problem? Or is he your husband? I'll handle the situation if that's what your worried about".

"Honestly speaking,if you continue to heed to your mother's advice,you will only land in trouble. At least I could testify to that" she replied.

"What do you mean my mother,isn't she also your mother? Anyways,I don't care. For all I know my husband loves me" she replied with a hint of pride to her voice.

"That was what I thought about Abbas,until our mother began to intervene between us. Ko kin manta that same mother takan zo ta tsaya ah gaban gida na tana jira na in fito  mu fita? And when Abbas objects,she attacks him with all sorts of insult. Don't you know that that same mother was the reason I got a miscarriage? Huh?" She said with so much aggression,it was as if she was at the verge of crying.

Sophie was silent.

"To make matters worst,she was the reason Abbas divorced me,not that he didn't love me,but because he couldn't put up with my mother's antics. Do you know what he said to me? ' I don't know whom I got married to. Was it you or your mother?' That woman I am suppose to call a mother was the reason behind my sorrow. So now that I have found a man who knows and is willing to accept my past and I,there is no way am letting anyone ruin it." She stated and at this point in time,she was in tears.

That left Sophie speechless. Let us hope she gets into her senses...