|Eight|

The following day after her conversation with Sophie,Maryam woke up as early as possible as she took her bath,after she dressed up she got two of her suitcases which was filled with half of her belongings. She dragged them to the door as a car was already waiting for her outside the house.

"And where do you think you are going to?" Her mother questioned as she was seated on a sofa crosslegged with a cup of coffee.

"To my father's house" she simply replied as she was about to make an exit.

"What is that suppose to mean?"

"I respect you because your my mother and nobody could change that,but that doesn't mean you own me. And what I mean is that am going to my father whom will marry me off,and not those quack brothers of yours" Maryam said as she immediately walked out.

Outside,she was met with a driver whom happens to be Fawaz's whom took her luggage and in no time they hit the road. After a thirty minutes drive,there she was standing in front of her father's house. Though she had already introduced her fiancé's family to her father,but she still felt nervous as she was here to stay for the meantime.

"Hajiya nakai kayan ciki"the driver announced in which she simply nodded. As she walked further into the house,she couldn't help but regret her past actions. Before she knew it,she was knocking on the door and in no time,her elder brother Khamis was standing before her,they exchanged eye contact before his eye finally landed on her suitcase. He was surprised,but who was he kidding this is her father's house and he has no rights to chase her away.

"Maryam,what a pleasant surprise!" He said with a smile as he welcomed her,she stepped in with Khamis trailing behind her with the suitcases. He took it to one of the rooms before he walked back to her.

"Where is everyone?" She found herself asking and by everyone she meant her father,her other brother and their grandmother.

"Well Dad went for a stroll alongside Harris while Hajiya Dada is in her room probably dozing off" he replied which she simply nodded. After that,the room was dead silent before Khamis decided to make the atmosphere less awkward.

"How about you go freshen up,then you come and taste my meal. Apparently Harris said it tastes like hair which is gross,but I beg to differ" he said with a chuckle.

"You prepared a meal,I hope Hajiya Dada didn't eat it? Or are you planning on homicide?" She questioned as she bursted into laughter which he simply glared at her.

After that,she took a refreshing shower and by the time she was out,they were back and she could hear laughter coming from the living room. She silently walked in on them as they were all oblivious to her presence until Khamis spoke.

"Yauwa Maryam,please come and back your brother,this two are ganging up against me" he spoke and two pair of eyes turned to her direction. She meekly walked further into the room,but of course,not without greeting them. She found a spot near Khamis as she sat down.

"Well if it isn't the latest bride in town" her other brother Harris spoke,a blush found its way to her face as she hid behind Khamis.

"Harris! Don't you dare embarrass my namesake or else..." Hajiya Dada threatened.

"Okay,su masu jika!" He joked and that was how things went all smoothly until her father requested for her.At this point in time,her heart was beating at an inconsiderable pace,yeah such an irony! She knocked on the door twice before she made way inside with a salam.

There he was seated on an armchair,she silently sat on the lush carpet near him as she greeted him. To her,it took him an hour before he spoke.

"It was a good thing for you to have remembered you have a father" this man known to everybody is a man of few words.

"Bappah,am so sorry for what I have done in the past and am already regretting my actions,please find a way to forgive me"She sighed after she spoke.

"It is alright,since you have realized you mistake,that is by the way. How is your sister?" He enquired.

"Hmm,she is fine and am also hoping she gets back to her senses"Maryam replied.

"May Allah guide us all" he simply said. A few minutes or so,she left.

Well that was one heck of a conversation!

*****

Ammiey
No.11 Wuse Zone two,Aisha Shagari street.

He kept staring at the house for over thirty minutes before he honked. After his conversation with Ammiey,she suggested he visits the Huda girl during the weekend which he obliged to. After he parked his car,he came down and strolled to the door in which a melanin skinned lady opened the door whom was dressed in a sweet melon abaya.

"Good afternoon"the lady politely greeted as she made way for him to enter,he wasn't able to see her face clearly,but he could tell he saw her somewhere. After they were both seated, a maid came in to the room with a tray as she placed in on the stool.

"How is the family doing? Sophia told me she gave birth,but unfortunately I couldn't make it" the moment she said Sophia,it dawned to him that Huda is actually Sophie's friend because he saw her at his wedding.

"Alhamdulillah,so how are you?" He asked which she simply smiled. After that they were both silent.

Huda kept fiddling with her veil,as Imam kept wondering what he has gotten himself into. How can he marry his wife's friend? Is this a good idea? Well let us just hope it turns out well.

"Can I at least have your contact?" He asked in which they exchanged contact and he promised to call. After that he got up and was about to leave with Huda trailing behind him.

"Gashi su Mommy basanan" She said.

"Don't worry,we will meet when next I come". He got in and drove out of the house.

One thing is for sure,trouble is coming to town!