|Thrity eight|

"Here you go,sir"
Imam rushed to collect the receipt from the cashier as he swiftly made way back to the hallway anticipating the outcome of the operation. Flashbacks of Huda's almost lifeless body kept bombarding his thoughts,what exactly happened? And other series of what ifs.

Ammiey walked towards Imam with Farha and Laila trailing behind her. She sat down beside him and draped her arms around him,which got his attention.

"Ammiey,ina wuni?"

"Ali Imam,mai ya faru?(what happened?)"

"I don't know,I just came back home and I met her body in blood"

"It's okay,everything is going to be alright,In shaa Allah"

"Allah yasa"

The four of them stayed still,waiting for anyone to burst out of the operating room,which took forever.

"Where is Maya and Adda Sophie?" Farha inquired.

"Dagaske kuma,it did not even occur to me. Ina suke ne wai?" Ammiey added.

It was at that moment Imam actually remembered,he rushed to the hospital and did not even think of them. But if Sophie were to be home,she would definitely call him or even take Huda to the hospital,right?

"She took Hajiya to the airport" he simply stated.

"Dama Hajiya Sauden tazo ne?" But it came out more of a statement rather than question.

The hallway became quiet with neither of them speaking,but only sounds of footsteps and the clock ticking with each second.

After what felt like an eternity,one of the nurses came out with the doctor trailing behind her.

He simply gestured for Imam to follow him,Ammiey got up as well and walked behind him.

Back in the doctor's office,the trio got seated with two of them in anticipation of what was about to come next.

"Patient is out of danger,luckily for us,there were no severe head injury or internal bleeding,just a minor concussion" he stated.

"Alhamdulillah"

"But she was in a pool of blood,how do you explain that?" Imam objected.

"Well,I was getting to that. Due to the intensity of her fall,I regret to tell you,but her safety comes first. So she unfortunately miscarried the pregnancy"

"Innalillahi wa inna illahi raji'un" both mother and son chanted.

"Dama Hudan ciki gare ta?" Ammiey asked.

"I didn't know,and I'm sure she didn't either,though she complained about feeling unwell some few days ago"

"And you didn't think of bringing her to the hospital Ali Imam?"

"Ammiey wallahi I didn't think it was that serious"

"Toh ai gashi nan,wayyo Allah yar mutane. What will I tell her parents?" Ammiey lamented.

The doctor looked at both mother and son in sympathy.

"If I may say,all these things are now by the way. The good news is that she is out of danger just some minor concussion like I stated earlier on. Meanwhile she is currently being transferred to amenity,one of the nurses will show you to her room" he concluded.

They both thanked him as they made way to the ward. To say Iman was traumatized will be the least,what more could possibly be worst,the fact that he almost lost his wife or the he lost the child he didn't even know of.

Farha and Laila trailed behind them as they all walked into the room. There she was,with a bandage wrapped around her head and a cannula which transfused blood into her veins. They all stood there in shock for some few minutes before Ammiey sent Farha and Laila home to cook some food and also get some basic essentials.

"What's the next line of action? Have you informed her parents yet?"

"Not yet"

"Alright then,let's wait till she has gained consciousness first. Meanwhile,you have to find out what happened. Tunda dai ba yadda za'ayi mutum ya fadi haka nan".

"Also,I need you to go to your house and get her things she'll be needing when she wakes up. Kuma wai ina Maya take baka bani amsa ba?"

"She's with Zarah"
"Our neighbor" He added when Ammiey gave him a skeptical look.

"To ka taho mun da ita.Ku a matsayin ku na iyaye,baza ku kula da ita ba. Someone has willingly decided to do your job for you,gashi kuna nema ku hallakar da ita" she was furious to say the least.

With the grace of God,Imam was able to reach the house safely,cause he drove like a madman all the way home. It's a miracle he is still in one piece. Parking right at the entrance,he sighted Sophie's car meaning she's back already. Good! Maybe she'll have an explanation to all this.

He burst into the house and was met with a horrified Sophie who kept staring at the 'accident' scene.

"Babe,what happened?" She whispered.

"I should be asking you the same question" he calmly said,but internally he was fuming.

"I-I wh-at do you m-mean?"

He walked past her and got into Huda's room and quickly grabbed everything that was within his reach. He decided on taking a shower and changing before coming out of the room. To his surprise,Sophie was no longer there,so he decided to walk up to her room.

"Mama,I think she bled out fah,Innalillahi wa inna illaihi raji'un what have-

Imam made his presence known.

"Umma,sannu da hanya. I'll call you back"

"I was speaking to Umma,wai har sun isa"

"Alhamdulillah." He stared at her for some while like he was trying to get into her head. She nervously stood there with fear written all over her face.
"Uhmm are you sure you're alright!"

"Perfectly"

"Well I'll be heading to the hospital now"

"Let me follow you"

"Can you please stay back and tidy the house,I promise to send Mallam Sabo to come pick you after Magrib" before she could reply,he was already out,on his way not forgetting to pick Maya up as per Ammeiy's command.

The drive felt like an eternity,lately everything seems slower than usual. He stepped into the room with Maya on one hand and some stuffs in the other.

"Har ka dawo?"

"Mammy!" Maya squealed.