|Thirteen|

Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for the support of women). So good women are the obedient, guarding in secret that which Allah hath guarded. As for those from whom ye fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them. Then if they obey you, seek not a way against them. Lo! Allah is ever High, Exalted, Great.(Q 34:4)

الرِّجَالُ قَوَّامُونَ عَلَى النِّسَاءِ بِمَا فَضَّلَ اللَّهُ بَعْضَهُمْ عَلَىٰ بَعْضٍ وَبِمَا أَنْفَقُوا مِنْ أَمْوَالِهِمْ ۚ فَالصَّالِحَاتُ قَانِتَاتٌ حَافِظَاتٌ لِلْغَيْبِ بِمَا حَفِظَ اللَّهُ ۚ وَاللَّاتِي تَخَافُونَ نُشُوزَهُنَّ فَعِظُوهُنَّ وَاهْجُرُوهُنَّ فِي الْمَضَاجِعِ وَاضْرِبُوهُنَّ ۖ فَإِنْ أَطَعْنَكُمْ فَلَا تَبْغُوا عَلَيْهِنَّ سَبِيلًا ۗ إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ عَلِيًّا كَبِيرًا

Imam remembered that he once read a quote from the Holy Quran in suratul Nisaa.

By Allah,this quote should be read by women has they do not know the punishment that awaits them,it is just so unfortunate that women nowadays don't value marriage as it is ought to be.

He walked to the living room where he sighted Huda playing with Maya,he walked further into the living room.

"I'll be having some guest,so I need you to cook for four people" he said as he took an anticipating Maya whom was ready to be in her father's embrace.

"How is my little bundle of joy doing?"he said as he kissed her cheeks.

He took her and made way outside as they exited the gate.

Huda immediately made way to the kitchen where she started cooking.

He had taken Maya for a work considering the fact that the girl likes going outside,so he took it as an opportunity to while away time. As they walked,he came across a couple whom were also taking a walk,and his thought immediately crossed to Sophie. And that left him thinking whether he could have such bond with his wife,it is quite unfortunate!
  Speaking of Sophie,after she had left one morning when he left for work,he hadn't seen her since then. And it's been a week,in fact,it's getting to three.

He made sure he took her around the blocks before they walked back home and by then,it was already time for Dhuhr,so he dropped her at home before he left for the mosque.
  By then,Huda had already dished out the food before she bathed Maya and got her dressed before she tucked her to sleep,after all the girl woke up as early as six in the morning,so she'd need all the rest.

"Imam it's like your always changing the interiors,your such a girl wallahi!" Hamza,one of his friends commented.

"Yeah,and when was the last time you visited?"Imam challenged him to which he kept shut.

"He got you me there man!" Abba said whom is Imam's cousin.

The guys took their seats as they settled to watch a match between Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur. The whistle was blown for the match to commence when Huda made way to the living room with a tray filled with soft drinks and snacks.

"Kai Harry Kane din nan soko ne, instead of him to pass the ball to..." Hamza trailed off as Bello and Abba exchanged glances to which Imam was oblivious to.

"...Eriksen ya tsaya yana sakarci" he said as she dropped the tray.

"Ina wuni"She squatted,a moral she was taught by her mother when she was younger.

"Lafiya" they each replied simultaneously.

"At the half time whistle,it's Tottenham 1 Arsenal 1" Peter Drury one of the commentators said.

A few sighs and hisses could be heard.

"Lunch is ready,Hamza let's go and eat so that it could ease down your frustration,I know how much of a foodie you are" Imam jokes as Bello and Abba burst into laughter in order to annoy him the more.

"Whatever"he sighed as he made way to the dinning area.

"Imam,you should have said feast,I wouldn't have eaten at Ammiey's house" His cousin Abba said as he sat down.

"Your already drooling,Allah ya shirye ka"Bello said as he shook his head in pity.

They were half way through the meal when Hamza made a comment.

"Yauwa Imam,I have been meaning to ask you,who's that girl I saw?"

"And which girl is that?"Imam asked clearing knowing where the conversation was heading to.

"Don't play dump with me,you know who am talking about"he said.

"Elaborate please" Imam replied as he was now finding the situation amusing.

"Imam! Am not joking please, there is only one girl I saw and you know what am talking about" he responded starting to get annoyed.

"Oh that girl!"

And then the room was dead silent as he focused his attention on the food in front of him.

*****

"Sophie,what has gotten into you?" Maryam spoke furiously.

"What? I did nothing wrong" she shrugged as she adjusted her camera as they were FaceTiming.

"Wallahi am disappointed in you. So your letting that woman control your life ko? You shall regret it someday" Maryam said.

"Maryam,mind how you talk about our mother!"

"I will not! Safiya,you are only digging your grave and that woman you call a mother is nothing but the devil in disguise. I have said my own,when you come to realize it,it would be too late"

"Maryam this should be the last time you talk to me in such manner,the fact that I tell you about my life doesn't warrant you to talk nonsense to me" Sophie said as she grew more furious.

"The truth is bitter,but like it or not it's the truth. Am telling you this from my past experience. Safiya you have a child for goodness sake,think about her,in what situation are you going to leave her? One thing is for sure,you will regret it! As a sister,I will tell you the truth no matter what because I love you" with that,she hung up as she was fuming.

She narrowly escaped her mother's trap! Only her knows how it feels.