25. The Diner

Sebastian's POV

We took the last turn to reach a street full of restaurants and local antic shops. It was in a rather unusual hustle-bustle as compared to the ones we passed by.

Diana told me to stop a block away from our designated destination to avoid the parking-scene chaos. I stepped out to spot a big neon sign 'Tom's', where we were headed to. Even though I had told myself to let my preconceptions float away, I couldn't bring myself to relax as much as I should've, that is until I felt her cold hand slip into mine and I let out a sigh of relief.

The grey metal-looking building was rather conspicuous as it stood tall and ugly in it's relatively eye-catching and serene environment. 

"Am I now qualified to know where I'm being lead to?" I questioned, averting my eyes from that grey, storage like-building towards her.

She just smiled, "Come on!", still not letting the cat out of the bag.

Her mood was back to normal. After a heated argument and long unbearable gaps of painful silence, she shrugged off the negatives pulling down her mood, or at least she masked them away. 

We made our way through the crowd at the entrance to enter into a jam-packed diner. She tugged my hand and led us through the diner towards the double door that read 'Paint-Ball Arena'.

I let out a light chuckle, "Seriously? Paint-ball?"

She looked at me with immense enthusiasm, "Yeaah.. Do you not like it?"

"Of course I do! Jesus, who doesn't like this!" I beamed with equal excitement. Diana almost had a little freak-out, jumping up and down in excitement.

Ten minutes later, we walked into the main arena wearing camouflage overalls over our clothes and held paint-ball guns loaded with 300 paint-balls each. Because we were only two, so we joined another group of 30 people.

Before walking in I turned towards Dia, "Are we going to team up?"

She scoffed, "Scared already?"

"Pfft! I was just trying to help you win!" I reasoned her mocking tone.

She laughed, "Let the best paint-baller win?"

"Alright then," I replied, loading the gun."Get ready to lose!"

"We'll see!" She challenged. With that we shook our hands before stepping on the ground, against each other. She seemed invariably confident and sure but I was going head-on too. Fabian and I have battled so many times, it's time to put that experience to good use now.

It was a much bigger paint-ball arena than I was used to. The one back home was vast but this was not only vast but stretched up to two floors, ramps replacing the stairs. Different levels and blocks made perfect hiding places for everyone. 

The horn went, signalling the start of the game. I ran off and hid, letting the weakest people in the game get shot. After a few moments, I came out and started aiming people out of the game. From the corner of my eye, I spotted Diana running about and she came face-to-face with two men who had teamed up but she successfully tricked them and shot them out. 

After five more minutes, there were only 7 of us left and the lights had been dimmed, thus increasing the difficulty of the game. 

Shooting down another 2 players, I heard a voice from behind and gasped in horror as I turned around towards the source of the voice. But before I could slip aside, I groaned in pain as I got shot in the stomach.