22. 31 Hours

Author's Note: Hey guys, this might be a little intense chapter and there's a huge possibility that you may not like where this is going but please don't kill me after you've read it!

I looked at the adorable man standing in my doorway. Under normal circumstances, I'd say that I was thrilled to see him, but then your love interest catching you almost kissing your co-worker who happens to have a kid, doesn't really fall under the 'normal' category. I was what you call 'abashed' and 'ashamed'.

The environment became quite intense as me and Seb played the staring game. Neither of us knowing what to say to get out of the situation.

Then I heard Aiden clear his throat.

"Hey! I umm.. I just came to.." Seb tried to cook words.

"Hi!" I croaked.

"I've to go!" He rushed the words and stormed past me, not even sparing me another glance.

This crushed me, completely. I looked back at his retreating figure, wanting to stop him and run to him. But Aiden's tight grip around me kept me still.

"That was awk- Who was that?" A strong voice startled me. But before I could answer Abigail came rushing into his arms.

I've never loved Abigail more than that moment.

We bid our goodbye's and Sam's apologetic smile welcomed me home.

"You both were getting cosy outside!" She accused.

"Hey! He was trying to get cosy while I stood my ground like a rock."

"Sure you were, even when you saw Sebastian go away!"

Confusion and shock strained my voice, "What was he doing here?"

"He came in to meet you-"

"No shit, Sherlock!" I frowned at her.

She narrowed her eyes at me, "He wanted to offer an explanation for.. Well, basically everything. He said- I shouldn't be saying anything." She stopped midway.

"What do you mean you shouldn't be 'saying anything'? What did he tell you?" I looked at her with confusion and suspicion seeping into my eyes.

"Yes, but they aren't my secrets to spill." She grabbed my hand and pulled my down on the couch, "Look, I think you should really call him and talk to him once. Let him say his piece then you can do what you do best- slam the door in his face!"

"I really don't understand what you're saying, Sam!" I groaned in irritation.

"What I'm saying is that you call him. Talk to him and find out why he came to your doorstep, okay?"

I still couldn't wrap my head around the fact that he came in here to meet me. Sebastian came to my place. He came in to watch a guy almost kiss me. Grrrrhh!

"Okay?" Sam raised her voice.

I nodded.

"How was the friend date by the way?" She asked before I closed my door.

"I told you, it was fine!" And I slammed my door due to an unknown reason for frustration and helplessness.

I stared at my phone for the next 15 minutes rummaging for answers to the questions flooding my mind.

Should I call him or not? What will I say? What will I say who Aiden is? What if he is on his way back? Is he angry? Was he hurt?

I groaned recollecting what Sam had said. I needed to know why he was here after all this time. I wanted to know what he told her. So, I picked up my phone and called him. For a second I thought he won't answer my call, but he attended it by the 4th ring.