Chapter 23: Too Many Men, Part 2

Mark was completely surprised when Madison told him that she was dating Jeff. He was shocked when she told him that her second husband passed away a few months ago.

"You got married again after our divorce?" asked Mark.

"That's right. I did. I think I may have loved him more than I did with you though," she said to Mark.

Mark walked over to Madison and slapped her vigorously across the face. "You know, I really hate you. No wonder why I divorced you!"

Madison could not believe what just came out of Mark's mouth. He turned the whole story around. She was getting angry. "Wow!" she exclaimed. Her anger turning into something bigger. Something better. "How dare you turn this story around? I divorced you. Not the other way around."

"Sure. Sure," Mark replied.

What is wrong with him? Just a minute ago, he was kissing me. Madison thought. What she was feeling made her stronger, both emotionally and physically. "Oh aren't you so hilarious, " she shouted sarcastically. She walked over to Mark and touched her cheek that was on fire. He hit her hard. "My cheek hurts Mark, they really do," said Madison. Then she walked into the other room.

Madison came out two minutes later with the best feeling. She did not know why. "You want to know what pain feels like Mark? " asked Madison.

"What do you mean?" Mark asked.

"This is what I mean." She walked up to Mark and punched in with all her might in his face. Her knuckles hurt, but she was proud.

Mark fell to the floor and started crying a little bit. Madison went over to him and looked at his face. "Save your tears for your car ride home."

Mark jumped up and ran out the door. Crying. Like a little baby.

Madison started crying herself, but for once they weren't sad tears. They were happy tears. Tears of joy.