Chapter 14: Anger, Part 2

Although Jeff came outside to stop Madison and Tia's fight, they were still exchanging nasty words and expressions.

  "I said stop it! Now!" yelled Jeff. "Now explain everything." He looked at Madison and then he looked at Tia.

  "She started it!" exclaimed Madison.

  "No! You did!" Tia told Madison.

  "Shut up!"

  "No you shut up!"

  Jeff interrupted. His face became red. "Both of you, shut the heck up!"

  "Okay. Fine," Madison replied.

  "Madison," Jeff pointed at her, "you go inside and sit down on the couch. Tia," he pulled out his wallet and grabbed a twenty dollar bill, "you go get yourself something to eat."

  They both did what they were told and when Tia officially left, Jeff walked inside his house and sat next to Madison. She shoved him off the couch and he handed on his buttock on the rug. She looked at him scratching his nose.

  "You bastard! I thought you wanted to date me and then I come over for a friendly visit and see you kissing your ex-girlfriend!" Madison said.

  Jeff looked at her. Studied her and sat on the recliner across from the couch. "You have no proof that I was the one who started the kissing."

  "Huh? What are you talking about?" Madison asked.

  Jeff had a "Are-You-Serious?" look on his face. "She started kissing me!"

  "Oh, okay." Madison felt stupid.

  "Yeah."

  "Anyway, how did she come? And when?" She was very curious.

  "You are like a little child. Question after question. She came yesterday. I was so shocked when I saw her. She said she was only visiting for a week and I shouldn't be expecting anything special."

  "I see. So, I started that fight with Tia for nothing?" asked Madison.

  Jeff was silent for a minute. "I guess you could say that."

  Before Madison could respond, Grace appeared from the hallway, with a brown teddy bear clutched in her hand. "Daddy, I woke up from my nap."

  Jeff walked over to her and smiled. "I can see that."

  For the rest of the day, Grace, Jeff, and Madison played Hide and Go Seek while Nicole was still asleep.

  Tia never came back. She didn't even call.