Chapter 4: Free Water Ice Day, Part 1

Although Madison was shocked by Holly's reaction she had about The Water Ice Man, she decided she would try her advice. What's the worst that could happen?

  She hopped on her bicycle and rode to Artie Vikes. She decided that this was going to be her last time going there. She couldn't stand that man and was wiling to risk it all. The smooth water ice. The scrumptious ice cream, she thought. No, I don't care! I am putting my foot down to that loser!

  Before she even knew it, she found herself staring at Artie Vikes's parking lot with her mouth wide open. How could such a small parking lot fit so many cars? They were all shoved next to each other, one right after the next. There were two very long lines of people and balloons galore.

  Her questions were answered when she looked up at the Artie Vikes's sign. A huge poster was taped to it:

FREE WATER ICE DAY! COME BY AND GET SOME FROM 11AM-4PM!

  Madison looked at her watch. 2:37pm.

  She knew she couldn't just give up and ride away just because of a big crowd!

  Madison must have waited in line for forty-five minutes when her legs were starting to hurt. She thought, I am not even getting water ice! I should just go to the front of the line!

  After numerous times of saying 'excuse me' and 'pardon me' her mouth was wide open again when she saw a woman handing a little boy his lemon water ice.

TO BE CONTINUED...