Chapter 12: An Old Flame, Part 2

Kelly yelled over Madison's tears, "What's wrong? I am so confused!"

  Madison was furious. "I saw her. I saw Tia," she yelped. Her face was red like a tomato.

  "I am confused," Kelly said.

  "I mean I saw Tia, Jeff's ex-girlfriend! He was kissing her on the lips and he said he was over her. How could he?" Madison cried.

  Kelly's jaw dropped as soon as she heard that. "Oh my gosh! Are you kidding?" She looked over at Madison. Her face was soaked.

  Madison screamed in anger, "Do I look like I am just kidding?"

  Kelly looked over at her friend again. "Right. Sorry."

  There was dead silence for the rest of the car ride back to Kelly's house.

  "So, I can tell you really like Jeff," Kelly told Madison when they walked into the house five minutes later. Kelly had already prepared coffee and they both had a cup of it in their hands.

  "Yeah, I guess I do. But I knew I shouldn't have gotten into a relationship. I told myself I wasn't going to date until I was ready!"

  "Well then why did you get into a relationship?" asked Kelly.

  "I don't know! I don't know!" Madison was getting annoyed.

  "How could you not know? I find that pretty stupid."

  Madison paused for a minute. "What did you just say?"

  "I, uh-" Kelly was starting to say when Madison interrupted her.

  "Don't you EVER talk to me like that again!" barked Madison. "You know what's stupid? Your comments!" Madison took her cup of coffee and poured it over Madison's hair, making it drip onto her face and body.

  Madison stormed out of Kelly's house angry with her friend and Jeff, braking a lamp purposely in the process.