Chapter 10: Taste Test

Jeff asked Madison the other day to come down to Artie Vikes to taste test a new flavor of his. She didn't now what it was called or what it included, but she was darn happy about it.

  When she arrived there, Jeff was serving a customer her strawberry ice cream. "Hey!" he said to Madison when he noticed her. "You're here for the taste test, right?"

  "That's right!" Madison exclaimed. She was always up for new things. I can't believe that a couple days ago I said I hated him, she told herself. 

  "Come follow me," Jeff told Madison. He came out of the building and walked toward a table near his car. On the table was a container of green ice. 

  When Madison arrived there, she looked at it. It wasn't just any green. It was a dark, dark green. Almost like something that went wrong. 

  "It's a mixture of green fruit and vegetables! Let's see, there's limes, green beans, kiwi, green seedless grapes, honeydew, broccoli, and cucumbers! It's only a trial run right now. I called it "Greenish."" Jeff laughed. "So, are you going to try it It's important to me" Jeff looked at Madison. 

  She gulped. "Sure Jeff. I will." 

  Jeff gave her a plastic spoon and handed her the container of "Greenish" water ice. "Here I go," Madison proclaimed.

  When she put the water ice in her mouth, a tingle went through her. It was like an explosion in her mouth. The sweetness of the fruit took away the bland taste of vegetables! Madison was shocked. "Jeff, this is amazing! I absolutely love this!" She took another spoonful and did a little happy dance.

  Jeff gave one of his famous smiles! "I am glad you like it!" he cheered. He ran over to Madison and hugged her. What he did next was totally unexpected.

  Jeff puckered his lips and kissed Madison right on the lips.

  Madison was completely shocked. "Wow," she whispered.