Through Time

"I'd listened say that time heals the wounds, but this continues to hurt just like that day when it damaged my soul, neither the passage of time could to mitigate the burning of her memory, I still firmly believe that I would have preferred she to nail a dagger inside my chest and not a betrayal disguised as love".

>>>

Sangheilios 2558
Elder Council Chamber, Nuusra

Little more than a year had passed since Nuray disappeared without leaving any trace, the only thing that remained of her and jealously guarded was the dagger he had, that part of two lost and separated twins servants of the war, that part of the light of a destiny that had blackened.

Thel 'Vadam had tried to leave everything behind, that search never have successful, he had tired to search and of course he couldn't think or waste time and resources that were indispensable for the war against the Covenant, what done, was done... chasing her was already it wasn't an option, even more so if he had lost any clue of where to look for her, although he had hoped someday to close that cycle.

After Nuray he had focused on the goal which he shouldn't ever have set aside: Unify Sanghelios. Opposition forces were getting closer, although he didn't imagine how much.
They had already surpassed much of the defense of the Swords of Sanghelios, they controlled a good one of the planet and even worse, they'd somehow got the Arbiter's location.

He was in the Council Chambers located in Nuusra, and in addition to being surrounded by traitorous Covenant, he also had part of his damaged pride, he didn't expect to be located, at least not so quickly.

It seemed that the climax of the battle he had faced for years against Jul 'Mdama and the rest of his followers was finally coming. Upon learning of the premature arrival of the Covenant to Nuusra, he could do little except to defend himself as much as he could, it was his warrior nature and his honor that wouldn't allow him to escape, he preferred to lose his life in battle before than flee.

He listened to the heavy steps and the outbursts of weapons outside the Council, one after the other entering the building, and there were only two roads, or he perished fighting for his ideals leaving the precedent for someone who could achieve what he didn't, or prevailed and raised his sword over the traitors.
Soon he heard them arrive right at the room where he was, the stone under his feet trembled at the desperate fury of his enemies, took the hilt of his bloodthirsty sword and activated it, -The Swords of Sanghelios will achieve victory-.

In front of him some enemies had already appeared, and without thinking he pounced on them wounding one of death almost immediately, he fitted his sword into his belly and the blood boiled over the yellow light of the "Prophets Bane", He turned and threw the elite against the ground.
-For Sanghelios!-.

Another sangheili tried to attack him but 'Vadam was faster and managed to elude him, turned his body in the direction of his enemy and the blades of his sword tore the traitor's neck, looked and both attackers lay on the ground. Hearing more footsteps go up the metal stairs the Arbiter believed that they was more Covenant, however he was greatly surprised when the voice of a human man shouted to get his attention and when he looked he realized that it was a group of spartans.

-Spartan... What does this mean?-

>>>

Although he was not very pleased that UNSC forces had been involved in his war, the death Jul 'Mdama at the hands of the Spartans had been beneficial enough for Thel, now the Covenant remnants were dispersed, without their leader many had deserted and the rest they were weakened, and in a desperate attempt they had taken Sunaion to try to end Arbiter.