In the forest among Shadows

The sounds became more noticeable and frequent, it was evident that they were trying to generate them anxiety

The sounds became more noticeable and frequent, it was evident that they were trying to generate them anxiety. The Arbiter looked to all sides, it had already darkened and it was difficult to see clearly there.

For Nuray it was even more difficult, although she was a good soldier and now thanks to Rtas her senses had sharpened and her tactical and physical abilities had risen, the Arbiter still some physiological advantages, but still neither couldn't identify correctly that they faced.

Among some bushes four sangheili appeared and their Machiavellian glances revealed that their only mission was to kill.

Quickly two of them activated their camouflage while the others threw themselves at Thel ‘Vadam and Nuray, their blows were hard and very precise, perhaps that was due to how unsuspecting the Arbiter and the young woman were when they attacked them.

Fortunately until that moment none of the ones with the Energy Swords had hit the mark. When the Arbiter finally put all his concentration on the battle, he managed to strike a traitor in the chest, thus unbalancing him and fitting his weapon into the belly of the elite.

When he made sure the elite was dead he looked at Nuray who was still defending herself, wanted to help her but before he could do the firing received a shoot of plasma rifle, the impact hurt but his energy shields had prevented it from being a serious injury.

He tried to defend himself but his enemy was still hidden under the camouflage, and while the Arbiter tried to deal with the damned Covenant, Nuray continued trying to end the elite in front of her.

Nuray tried to remember what Rtas had taught her, knew how a sangheili thought and that was something the traitor didn't expect and she would take advantage of all her skills. She dodged all the punches she could but the elite managed to hit her in the stomach by sending her back.

-Auch! That hurts-, she got up quickly and threw himself against her enemy, -I'm getting tired of you-, She ran towards the sangheili and it was logical that he waited for a frontal attack but before sangheili could do something he saw how the human disappeared in front of his eyes .

"Well, I really didn't expect that," Nuray was as surprised as the elite with whom she fought, luckily the teleportation had taken her right behind the sangheili, leaving aside the unexpected move she managed to make, she launched herself at the back of the elite, took the dagger and embedded it tightly in his neck and turned it still inside the skin to make sure the wound was deadly.

When he fell dead she looked at the Arbiter and realized he was in trouble. He was trying to fight an invisible force, "Cowards", she thought it couldn't be worse but suddenly behind ‘Vadam a plasma grenade appeared, it was obvious that the sangheili who had remained hidden was the one who was holding it.

It was then that she realized that one of them was a distraction to end the Arbiter from behind. Nuray ran towards him, the plasma grenade was activated, had that peculiar blue glow and the elite was about to throw it at Thel but Nuray hit the elite hard before he fulfilled his goal.

The Covenant fell with the active pomegranate in hand so Nuray took advantage and created a dome of energy around him, the next thing he saw was the body of the exploding elite. She looked back at the Arbiter and he was fitting his sword into the missing traitor's stomach.

-You're ok?- Nuray was breathing something tired and relieved to know that they were both alive.

Thel 'Vadam nodded as he deactivated his energy sword, -What about you?-

-Everything perfect, Do you have any idea who they were?

-Peons, sent by one of our many enemies, now we must discover from Who... Better we come back to the Tower.

~~~

-Do you suspect someone in particular?-Asked Rtas ‘Vadum.

The Arbiter shook his head, -It could be anyone, but it is certainly someone with enough power and coward enough not to want to get their hands dirty-, he let out a growl.

-I'll have someone investigated, if necessary I will do it myself-

-It won't be necessary, I'm sure they will try again and I'll be prepared but... I still don't know how they knew I'd be there-

-I guess they should have followed you, nobody else knew you would visit town-

-Anyway- ‘Vadam sighed, -There are other things I wanted to talk about, while we defended us something happened, I think the teleportation that the daggers provide is... different-

-What do you mean?- Half Jaw answered confused.

-Be suposse to should only be carried out in Forerunner installations, not here-

Rtas was really surprised, -How? She did it? -

-I think there is much more than just Forerunner technology, maybe those weapons are one of their most special and powerful devices ... we'll see what happens, we have to stay alert-

-Arbiter, don't you still trust her? -
Thel stopped for a moment before answering, -Let's say you were right about her, but due to the recent events, it doesn't hurt to take precautions with all-.