Lights Of Fate

-Where I am?-, She knew that she was definitely no longer on the platform, it was quite obvious because she be in that place it was almost like drifting in space, there was nothing there except some bright particles that floated everywhere. Rarely don't be afraid, in reality Nuray felt a lot of peace being in that place, she didn't know why but was pretty sure it was a safe and peaceful space.

-You came, although it took much less than I expected-, A female voice rumbled behind Nuray, she turned to see the figure of a strange woman, wore a long gray gown, and despite of being similar was definitely not human.

-Who are you?, Identify yourself! - She aimed a carbine.

-You can be quiet, you are inside a Pod, here you are safe, you should know that I will not hurt you ... I am glad to see you again, now you are so strong, I'm happy to see what you have become-, said kindly the woman, which puzzled Nuray even more.

-You ...do you know me?-

-Of course, And you know me, I was a lifeshaper, you may remember me better as Librarian-, the Forerunner seemed somewhat confused, not very different Nuray.

-I'm sorry but I don't understand, why I would have to know you?-

The Librarian came a little closer to her, -I see you found the “Lights of Fate", those daggers that you have in your hands are very powerful, but you must learn to control that power, I'm surprised that despite controlled them still you don't remember anything.

-How do you know about daggers? -

-My dear girl, I am... we are Forerunner, them are yours, you created the daggers, you may not remember now but someday you will, you belonged to the warrior caste, you never let anything stop you and that determination was the reason why I decided place your Geas, it passed generations asleep but now you're here-

-I think you're confused, I'm not Forerunner, I'm human, I... -

-In your genetic code runs a Geas, inside you I planted the seed of a strong warrior that will be indispensable for the rise of humanity, like others you must fulfill a mission and when the time comes you will know what you must do, I planned it myself, it's your destiny-, the Librarian smiled and began to walk away, -My message has finally reached you but we'll see each other again-.

As soon as the Librarian finished speaking, everything began to fade and little by little a blinding light ended with everything.

-No wait! You can't leave yet, I ... - By the time she realized, Nuray was already out of the Pod and was again on the platform.

All the Librarian's words had impacted her too much but she didn't have time to keep thinking about it, she listened to the loud knocks and shots at the door so she had to use teleportation to get out of there before the Covenant entered. Thanks to that action to evade them, he moved quickly through a last corridor and entered the large platform that contained the core in the center.

She placed a small detonator under the core, she didn't have much time to escape and protect the State from the explosion, in addition the Covenant knew her ubication so she made a final effort to teleport to the Arbiter.

~~~

'Vadam was impatient, walking back and forth waiting for any movement, Rtas for his part permanently calm, although inside he was afraid that something went quite wrong and he knew that he had to be alert in case they had to act.

Voro and Tul also seemed serene, the sangheili female concentrated her gaze on the entrance of the structure and on 2 jackals that had come out and stood there, meanwhile Usze had been sitting on a rock, crossed his arms with a desperate attitude, he hated be hidden, his place was in battle, he enjoyed facing the enemy directly.

-We should go in-, said the anxious swordsman.

-Be patient, if we attack now we could compromise the mission-, Rtas tried to appease him.

-Arbiter, you will agree with me, we have already waited too much-

'Vadam looked thoughtfully toward the building, he was about to agree to ‘Sumai's suggestion when the blue flash of a teleportation grid made him change his mind.

-It's done-, Nuray said as she hurriedly tried to create an energy barrier around the Facility. It required a lot of energy and a great concentration to do it, but the enormous explosion was surrounded by the bluish dome preventing it from expanding.

After the explosion, the Arbiter decided to go down for verify that no one had been alive and apparently there was no one but him and his team.

-Voro ‘Vatak reports the Kaidon 'Khemk that the State is free of the Covenant-
The Arbiter was in the center giving some orders to his sangheili when a small flash draw Nuray's attention.

Not even she knew how, but out of the corner of her eye she could identify a sniper of kig-yar pointing directly at the Arbiter.

-Watch out! - Nuray pushed Thel 'Vadam quickly and got in the way... little by little as her skin burned, the immense pain caused her to fall on one knee to the ground.

The purple beam trail left by the rifle exhibited the location of the sniper who was shot accurately in the head by Voro.

The Arbiter was still alive fortunately, but Nuray on the other hand...