Face To Face

Xeem 'Thasan was on the control bridge of the ship, also was his faithful subordinate and three other sangheili that were loyal to him, the ship was small, the concave roof with gleaming sparkles of purple metal and the stylized lines at the entire structure was typical of that type of transport, normally used for its lightness and size for fast movements or trips that require more speed and defense than armament.

Suddenly he could see how a tinkling light that came from the integrated communication device to notify a visual call, slipped his four fingers on the panel and immediately had in front of him the image of Murok 'Vadam.

-I hope that you and your people are prepared Xeem-, the sangheili belonging to the 'Vadam clan was erect, looking presumptuous.

We are, everyone here is worthy of my trust, if anything went wrong they would die before speaking-

-Excellent... the trap is armed, I'm sure she believed every word... And I made sure that the Arbiter is out of the Keep tonight-

>>>

VADAM KEEP

Nuray had meticulously pondered what Murok had told her, the night had already fallen and she still hadn't decided what to do, it was getting late and she had to choose, <<Should I trust him?, maybe I've been prejudiced but I have to be careful, but if something happened to Thel...>>.

She decided to go to the Arbiter's room, when she arrived there she met the pair of sangheilis from his personal guard who usually used to accompany him.

Despite being so common for her to see both of them all the time, she'd hardly ever talked to either, if they liked her or no, she didn't have time to find out and it wasn't something that worried her, much less at the time, so just she went toward one of them, -Can I see the Arbiter?-

-The Kaidon isn't here-, the elite barely replied.

-Do you have any idea where he went?-

The other sangheili who guarded the entrance to the room spoke then in a somewhat annoying tone, -Why do you ask?, The Arbiter must ask you permission to leave, human?-

Nuray frowned and refused to argue, had much more important things to do, gave a snort of annoyance and walked away trying to call Thel through the verbal communication network installed in her suit but without any success. She was beginning to exasperate with herself, <<If Thel is not there, it means that Murok was right, I must find him, the coordinates he sent me aren't far from here>>.

She was advancing straight to the exit determined to assist the Arbiter as Murok 'Vadam had indicated her until in front of her appeared a sangheili that broke into her path and whom she didn't expect to see at all.

-Usze?...-

>>>

VADAM VALLEY
Yahgmak Estuary

He felt that impatience devoured him, it had been two hours since the plan was supposed to be carried out, although thinking that Murok could have failed and that the human wouldn't appear gave him a little sense of relief, he knew that what he was doing was too dangerous, if someone discover Murok 'Vadam, he would leave him alone, he would do everything possible to get rid of it and abandon him to his fate.

On the other hand and due to the time that had elapsed, the greatest possibility was that Nuray simply didn't show up, <<You're underestimating her>>, for he was already more than clear that she wasn't a common human, after all if she was a carrier of Forerunner armament of which only she had the benefit of controlling, there would have to be some good reason, and in his opinion Murok still neglected that information, the human was intelligent, in fact more than he would like.