Longing

-I told you to get rid of the problem and again you have failed-, Murok was sitting facing a huge window through which could see much of the coast and the port of Vadam.

-That human has turned out to be a real nuisance, our murderer was about to get it and I hate to say it but...-, Xeem hesitated for a moment since he felt repulsion for expressing what he was thinking, -... that vermin is unpredictable and ... Maybe it's strength or maybe just luck but what is certain is that the Forerunner artifacts that she carries have given her an absurdly impressive advantage-

Murok was silent meditating and then spoke, -Thel trusts her, but is still a human and by the war between both species, a human will always generate doubts, and I've witnessed that even the smallest and insignificant suspicion can condemn anyone-

Xeem 'Thasan wasn't sure he fully understood what Murok' Vadam was referring to, -What do you have in mind? -

-We'll make a new play, from now on forget about trying to kill her, let's focus now on ending the little or much confidence that has been gained from the Arbiter, we'll be the executioners of their concord-

>>>

During the weeks after the attack everything had remained relatively calm. There had been no more incidents, even Xeem 'Thasan had been kept away and had ceased his constant insults and annoying attitudes, it's for this reason that Nuray sensed that something big would happen, was something like calm before the storm.

She believed that perhaps it was time to tempt the waters about her concerns.
-Thel, may I ask...? -

-Do it-, The Arbiter had spent some time with her instructing her in the sangheili language and customs of the warriors of her kind, although the occasions on which he could to do so were remote, he was very comfortable in the company of Nuray. This time was no exception and because it was one of those moments when they were alone, Thel believed that Nuray's question was addressed to those types of issues.

-How much confidence do you have in Xeem 'Thasan?-

Thel looked her with an expression that he could interpret as being surprised by the girl's questioning.
-He is a good warrior, as Kaidon of his clan there is nothing he can recriminate since his people chose him, however his character could be somewhat questionable sometimes but, thus he has been forged-

-That wasn't what I asked, tell me, do you really trust him?-

-With me you can speak clearly-, Although Thel treated her more gently from some time ago, he wasn't stop using a tone of firmness in his voice.

-Well you know that my relation with him hasn't been especially good, and after that night ...-

-You think he did it ... I hadn't told you because I haven't received all the details, but Rtas informed me that they found the culprit and received what someone without dignity like him deserved ... I understand your reasons for not trusting in Xeem 'Thasan, however we cannot kill someone simply out of spite or contempt, it would be a loss in vain of which we cannot afford in these times of crisis with the Covenant, and if we executed an innocent we'll could have his lineage, his clan and all his people against us-.

Nuray hadn't really thought about it that way, the Arbiter was right and she knew it but didn't rule out any possibility, she promised 'Vadam to stay away from problems and discussions with Xeem, however nobody took out of the head that he had been behind the whole incident of the murderer sangheili, in fact now she wondered if they had really tried to kill her or simply wanted to intimidate her, << but for what purpose? >>.

For the moment she decided to put aside the bitter conversation about 'Thasan and focus on Thel' Vadam, after all she liked to be close to him and although she didn't want to sink into her feelings sometimes it was impossible, whenever she could be with him she enjoyed it, but at the same time was looking for some other distraction that would take her away from her secret longing for the leader of the Swords of Sanguelios.