After Sunset

She quickly went down the huge stairs at the entrance “If they didn't kill me before, they will do it now”, when arrived she surprised to see the Inquisitor standing there, knowing that he had so many occupations he didn't expect him to accompany her. Actually, she thought will go with any sangheili or perhaps with someone  of the Arbiter's personal guard

-You're late- Thel didn't seem angry but always spoke firmly.

-I know and I'm very sorry, it's a bad habit that I can't overcome- said while catching her breath.

'Vadam just looked at her and made a gesture indicating that follow him. Both arrived at a Phantom that transported them to a more populated area.

-Is this Vadam? - She looked impressed.

-A part, yes-

-Not bad, in addition to being a few crazy with the honor also you turned out to be good architects, I must say that I am impressed- she joked with a smile on her face even if she didn't know Arbiter could understand her sense of humor.

-Come, I'll show you other places-

The Arbiter led her through different buildings, were large and although they retained their traditional sangheili style they had a perfect combination with their modern technology. She visited some of the most important places in the city, from time to time he could feel the eyes of some sangheilis on her but didn't care, she was quite happy at that moment.

It seemed incredible that she could be as if she were any visitor on the home planet of her former enemies.

Thel ‘Vadam even took her to the outskirts of the city where everything seemed to be more peaceful. There was a small market where she found so many unique and super strange things for her, but she was delighted with everything new her eyes saw.

-With all this in your world I find it hard to believe that you have preferred to leave it to live in High Charity-

Nuray noted that his comment caused some displeasure in the Arbiter,
-I think I touched an old wound, right?... Sorry-.

-Don't apologize, you're right, we allow ourselves to remain at the mercy of the Prophets and their lies, they almost finished what we are, that is why I am working hard to return our people to their glory, return to our origins-

She looked at him and strangely she felt moved -You are a great leader and you are just what they need to leave all that behind, you will get it, remember my words- Nuray let out a light laugh, -I think being close of you made me be deeper and wise-

Thel looked at her and smiled,
-There's something else I want to show you, I'm sure you'll like it-.

They both walked in the direction of the farthest mountains of Mount Kolaar, it was a very long journey, Nuray was already starting to think that was part of a punishment or perhaps more training.

-How much more will we have to walk?-

-We are close, patience is a virtue ... -

-That I don't have- the girl interrupted.

- ... And you should learn- The Arbiter paused a moment to observe the panorama,
-We've arrived-

-What ...here? But there is nothing- she seemed disappointed.

-Here- Thel ‘Vadam walked to where there were multiple bushes and agglomerated branches, made them to one side and walked through a narrow space between a couple of rocks that formed a kind of road. He stopped to look at Nuray who was just standing there looking confused.
-Are you coming?-.

She laughed sideways thinking that Thel had gone mad, -Sure-.

They followed a few more meters and when reached the end of the road she was impressed with what she saw. They were inside a small cave, some rocks were covered with moss but the majority served as support for different species of plants, orange, green and pink shades adorned all spaces, and as if that was not enough there was a small basin with water.

-This is ...beautiful, I never saw such a place before, that is, on Earth we have beautiful places but this is incredible, is different- Her face what said everything, she kept admiring every corner of the place, inspecting every part of the flora of the cave, checked the water well and noticed that it was much heavier than any ocean or lake on Earth.

Thel ‘Vadam watched Nuray's reaction, he was pleased to know that humans could also appreciate things without destroying nothing in the process.

-When I was younger I used to come here all the time, it's a great place to meditate-

Nuray abandoned the stupefaction she had for the beauty of the place to look with an innocent smile at the Arbiter, -I never thought I could see you like that, I never really thought about seeing any sangheili like that-.

-What do you mean? -

-I'm talking about you looking so... I don't know, happy? ... When you talk about this place you look incredibly peaceful-

-It's the effect it causes on me, I have good memories-

-Thanks- she said softly

-Why?-

-For allowing me to approach something that is important to you, for show me your lovely side and give me a rest today-

Thel smiled and let out a slight laugh, -Don't get used to it, you still have a lot of work to do, in fact we should return it's getting late-

-As you order Arbiter- Nuray said in a playful tone.

They almost reached the end of the mountain where the path that goes back to the city is located when Thel stopped suddenly, -Did you hear that?-.

-To hear that? -

Thel distrustfully drew his sword, -Something is wrong, stay close-.