New beginning

Since arriving in Sanghelios almost every day she had dedicated herself to her training with Rtas 'Vadum and on many times with the Arbiter watching the entire session, she knew that even after what he had said he didn' t trust her, but she couldn't blame him, after all the reason she had wanted to find him in the beginning was to take revenge.

-Flex your knees more, if you keep doing that you can never keep your balance-

Nuray let out a sigh of annoyance
-I know, it's the only thing you have told me all week but have a little compassion, when the Arbiter is here makes me nervous, he seems such a tough guy and always has that terrible and accusing look towards me-, she joked like she was doing a tantrum but making sure to say the last thing in a low voice so 'Vadam couldn't hear her.

-Well, it will be an excellent exercise for you to overcome your insecurities- Rtas said quietly.

-What?! Oh, come on! Why do you have to be so hard, why the Arbiter is so hard and why all sangheilis are so hard with their workouts and stuff? I'm tired of this and my stupid useless knees... You have to be kidding-, she began to do what Rtas had told him but the Inquisitor interrupted the practice.

-It's enough for today, you can go to rest now and I'll see you tomorrow first thing-

Nuray was surprised that the Arbiter summon her but nodded and left the training room to take a shower.

-And Captain 'Vadum...-

Half Jaw approached to 'Vadam and clearly understood that he wanted to talk to him alone.

-...I must congratulate you for what you have been doing, her performance shows a remarkable improvement-

-I only give the orders, she does the rest of the work, but yes, she has polished her technique and improved her movements, yet she must understand that much remains to be done-

-I agree and that's why tomorrow I will take her to a simulation, I want to see how she develops in a real battle. Now I say goodbye brother, you should also go to rest-.

>>>

She was barely able to take a shower, the pain in her muscles was indescribable, not even the sergeant in the military academy had such hard workouts, it was at times like that she wanted to go back in time so as not to have to suffer the exercise sessions with Rtas.

As she could she got out of the shower and rolled a towel over her body, tied her wet hair and lay on the bed, she felt very tired so closed her eyes a moment and began to fall asleep but a knock at her door ended with her desire to rest.

She got up so fast to the entrance that she forgot that she was only wearing a towel, when opened the door she was surprised to see the Arbiter standing there.

-Arbiter? What are you doing here?-, she realized too late the state she was in, she was practically half-naked in front of Thel 'Vadam, her face started to blush and she became so nervous that when she took a couple of steps back she slipped and fell on her buttocks.

-Are you ok?-, Thel offered her a hand to help her get up from the ground, which she accepted ashamed, -I apologize for the interruption- 'Vadam looked the girl, he had never seen any human in such a vulnerable state, without armor or without any another thing that covered their skin, that got his attention since it seemed very soft and delicate and in fact he could detect his theory was true when he saw the great bruises in Nuray's legs and arms.

-Are you sure you don't need help? It seems that you suffered some damage, when you need it you can go to a doctor-, he sounded quite understanding, even his voice sounded a little more docile.

When she heard that she realized that the Arbiter had been seeing her legs, although... how he couldn't notice all those bruises? but still she was very ashamed for everything that was happening.

-Of course, yes... I will-, She tried to cover her legs a little and the Arbiter noticed that she was uncomfortable, so he turned around to get out of there.

-Excelent, because you must be ready for tomorrow- and there it was again, the usual rude sangheili.