Ruel's POV

*proud of writing such a long chapter*

"Shit!" I yell.

A car suddenly veers in front of us and we smash into the side with a jolt.

"Oh my god!" Whimpers Alira, waking with a start as we skid a few more metres and then thump to a halt.

"It's ok, it's ok." I reassure her.

"Oh my god, what just happened?"

"It's alright, are you hurt? We've hit a car."

"I'm alright, I'm ok, is the driver alright?"

The car is slightly warped so I have to lean to the side to see the driver. "I think he's blacked out." I mutter. "Climb out of the car, quick."

"The door isn't opening! Oh, my god, Ruel-"

"Alira, calm down, climb out the window."

People are running towards the car, concerned faces.

I give her a boost out the window and the crunch of shattered glass tinkles as she lands.

Instead of climbing out, I hop into the passengers seat and try to assess the driver with first aid knowledge I don't have. He isn't bleeding and I can't see any clear visible signs. He's breathing and has a strong pulse. But this doesn't mean he can't have sustained a spinal injury or other damages.

"Sir." I say loudly, squeezing his shoulders. "Can you hear me? Open your eyes. Can you hear me?"

He doesn't reply but gives a small groan and moves his head. That's good.

The passenger side door is fine so I open it and jump out, blinking in the bright sunlight. 

The driver in the other car is cursing angrily. I stick the finger up at him and a walk over to his car. He's still in his seat so I lean against the car, speaking through the smashed window.

"You prick!" I yell. "You could've killed me and my girlfriend!"

"Girlfriend?" Squeaks Alira. I motion for her to shut up.

"The driver in that car isn't responding! He probably has a family! You absolute fool, you son of a-"

Alira pulls me backwards with surprisingly strong grip. I yell random curses and obscenities, thrashing to release myself.

She lets go when we're about twenty metres from the cars. 

"Ruel, shh, look at me." I turn angrily and look into her eyes.

"What? I want to punch him, I want to-"

"Calm down! We're fine, it's ok, we're not hurt, someone said the driver is fine and he's just passed out, everyone will be alright, they'll get new cars, it really doesn't matter."

"But we could've died! We didn't but we could have! I might never have seen Mum, or dad, or Sylvie, or... or you, ever again!"

"Yes, but it's ok." She murmurs soothingly, brushing  a lock of hair off my face. "And don't call me your girlfriend." But it's accompanied by a cheeky grin.

She holds my hand as we walk back so that I don't run and hit him.

"You ok?" Says a small Asian man nearby. "Your girlfriend, she ok?"

"Yeah, we're fine." Replies Alira.

The scene is clearing as people realise we're ok. When we get back to the car, the driver is awake and sitting on the ground looking furious.

"Are you ok?" Asks Alira.

"My car!" He yells. "My bloody car! That Scum, that filth, my car! He ruined my car!"