Ruel's POV

*note I LITERALLY CRIED IN ART WRITING THIS CHAPTER NOT BC OF THE STORY JUST BC I WAS LISTENING TO RUSHING BACK AND IT MADE ME SAD*

————————

We drive to the venue at 2. Alira and I sit next to each other. Not talking. Make eye contact a few times. Understanding passes without words.

We arrive at the majestic looking performance hall and hurry through the people lining up, screaming. 

"That's the loudest crowd I've heard." Says Alira quietly when we get inside.

"I've heard louder."

We set up the stage and go through soundcheck. Alira pulls a chair into the middle of the room and watches the whole thing. At the end she claps. I smile and go back to my dressing room. Halfway through pulling on tonight's outfit the door opens and she comes in. 

"Oi! I'm half naked, get out!"

"I don't really care. I'm not looking."

I hastily finish putting it on reassuring myself it's just Alira. She doesn't care. I don't care. It's fine.

"Well, whats up then?"

"What do you mean."

"Why did you come in while I was getting changed?"

"No reason."

"Why couldn't you have waited?"

"I just wanted to check up on you! Stop being so sensitive!" She says, exasperated.

"Ok. Well, you've checked up, I'm fine."

"Yeah but remember last time you were fine, then all of a sudden you were passed out on the ground in a forest."

"I was camping."

"You stole Coco's car."

"She's my sister."

"You stole some random dudes car as well, remember?"

"That was ages ago!"

"Less than two months."

"Oh well, I got let off, didn't I?"

"Yes, by police who were gentle with you because you're famous."

"True. But it's fine now. I'm fine. It's all good. You don't need to check on me."

She ignores me and ploughs on.

"How are your vital signs? Heart rate normal? Blood flow all good? Not feeling faint?"

"Don't you think you're overreacting a little-"

"And your mood. Out of ten, zero being sad and 10 being fulfilled, how have you been feeling lately?"

"A nine until you started talk-"

"What about social interactions? Do you enjoy conversation?"

"Not when it's this-"

"Do you feel pressured to check your phone?"

I laugh, and she stares at me, lips pursed. Like a teacher. That makes me laugh more.

"It isn't funny! I've done my research, and I know-"

"What research? Thinking of becoming a psychologist?"

Her cheeks go red. "No, research  as in I watched the videos. You in concert. You in meet and greet. You in interviews. I watched them, over and over and over again."