Part 6

Practice was over and everyone was changing in the club room. One after the other left but Suga was still chatting with Asahi and Noya seemingly waiting for them to get ready to walk home with them. If Daichi had caught up correctly then Suga was staying over at Asahi's house meaning that Asahi knew about Suga's problems. Why did he know? And Daichi did not? He just had to know it, he had to ask Suga. Because he wanted to be there for him as well. So he took a deep breath and walked over to the three talking boys.

"Suga could I talk to you for a moment?", he asked and Suga nodded but made no attempt to move so Daichi added "in private?"

"Yeah of course", Suga looked at him confused but followed him nevertheless and waved to Asahi and Noya "see you later guys".

They walked outside and sat down on a bench in front of the building.

"So what did you want to talk about?", Suga smiled at him as best as he could but frowned as he saw Daichi looking unhappy "are you okay? Did I do something?"

"I just... I feel left out because you are talking to Asahi about your problems but not to me. I thought I was your best friend. You can tell me if you have a problem, Suga", Daichi told him "I am here for you. You can always talk to me".

"No I can't", Suga sighed as he averted his gaze from Daichi to the floor.

"Yes you can, Suga", Daichi repeated "I thought we were friends".

"We are", Suga nodded frantically "you're my best friend, but that makes it even more complicated for me".

"Why is that?", Daichi asked confused "we have talked about everything in the past. You can talk to me this time as well".

"No I can't", Suga shook his head "not if the problem is you".

"What?", Daichi raised his eyebrows feeling hurt and confused.

"That's not what I meant Daichi", Suga gestured with his arms wildly as he noticed how what he had said had come over to his best friend.

"No I understand", Daichi looked to the ground the hurt settling in. He loved this boy but Suga seemed not only to not trust him anymore but somehow he was feeling bad because of Daichi.

"No you dont", Suga shook his head.

"Then explain it to me. What have I done to make you act like this towards me? What have I done that made you lose your smile?", Daichi yelled at him in pain and tears were forming in his eyes that he tried to hide from Suga by looking away.

"You didnt do anything, Daichi", Suga yelled back "you didn't...".

"How can I be the problem then?", Daichi asked still really loud.

"You are not the problem you are the cause of my problem", Suga explained struggling with himself because he doesn't want to hurt Daichi.

"How is that?", Daichi asked a tear escaping his eye "I don't want to be the reason that you stopped smiling".

"You are not!", Suga begged him to stop talking like that, begged to stop asking because it could ruin their friendship.

"Please tell me Suga", Daichi was full on crying now "why is this happening?"

"Because I love you Daichi", Suga yelled and jumped off the bench his back facing Daichi who looked up at him in shock "it's because I love you".

"You love me?", Daichi stuttered out and Suga tried to calm himself down to endure whatever was coming next.

"I do", Suga confirmed but didn't turn around.

"I can't believe this", Daichi gasped and Suga tried to be strong "I can't believe you love me back".

That's when Suga froze on the spot for a few seconds.

"What?", he croacked out when he found his voice again.

"I love you too, Suga", Daichi clarified as he stood up to walk in front of Suga and lifted his chin "I really do".

"Daichi", Suga gasped "are you sure?"

"Of course I am sure", Daichi laughed and then looked deep into Suga's eyes.

"I am glad" the shorter boy whispered as he slowly leant in.

Daichi gulped but did the same and soon their lips were connected in a short and sweet kiss. When they parted they smiled at each other but Daichi frowned as he remembered something.

"But why does this cause a problem?", he asked "are you ashamed of loving me?"

"I am not", Suga clarified as he heard the pain in Daichi's voice "it's just that my father is not okay with me being gay. He yelled at me and despised me and I am hurting so much Daichi".

"Suga, I am so sorry", Daichi pulled him in his arms "is this why you have been staying with Asahi those last days? What about your mom?"

"She tries to change his mind but I just can't be around him. She understands and she loves me", Suga smiled slightly "and yeah. Asahi and his family have taken me in for now. I talked to him about it and about the fact that I am in love with you. Do you see now how it was hard for me to talk to you about it?"

"Yeah, I see", Daichi nodded "and I am sorry I pressured you into talking to me".

"No, don't be", Suga whispered into his shoulder "I was so afraid after my father's reaction maybe I would have never found the courage on my own. But at first I just needed time to think. I am sorry I didn't talk to you".

"It's alright Suga", Daichi kissed his temple "I am sorry you have to go through this much trouble".

"It sucks", Suga stated "but at least it got me here. Right into your arms".

"It did indeed", Daichi nodded "you are amazing you know? Always being positive".

"It's harder these days but I had someone that had my back that made things easier".

"Make sure that I thank Asahi", Daichi noted to himself.

"Hey Daichi?", Suga whispered and Daichi parted them so he could look at him.

"Yeah?", Daichi asked concerned and Suga blushed.

"I just wanted to know...", Suga mumbled "are we together now?"

"I would love to, yeah", Daichi smiled and Suga did as well, full on honest smile.

"Me too", he pecked his lips "I love you Daichi".

"I love you too Suga".