[Chapter 15] Catching Up

"FENGJIU!"
[FengJiu's POV]
Cheng Yu's face lit up bright. I had missed my matchmaking friend! "CHENG YUUUU!" I screamed as she turned around. My only girl-friend in heaven. I approached for a hug when she slightly stepped back. I was confused. "Cheng Yu, whats wrong?"

"I don't think it is appropriate for us to hug" she looked serious and concerned.

She was right. But I didn't care about my title. After all I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Cheng Yu matchmaking skills .
"Ugh don't be ridiculous! Your my friend!" I hugged her tightly as she hugged me the same.

[Cheng Yu's POV]
I felt relieved Fengjiu felt this way. She was always someone who considered family and friends over her title.
"Im really proud of you FengJiu. I can tell your not a little fox anymore"

She smirked and hit my shoulder sassily agreeing
"I know and finally someone sees me as a grown up!"

[Narrater]
Time passed as they talked and talked. They laughed, cried, got mad at each other and made up again. They hadn't even realised Gungun was crying his throat out when suddenly a maid announced his presence. Donghua step foot in Gungun's chambers to see FengJiu and Cheng Yu laughing their heads off while his son was crying. He arched his eyebrows softly in frustration.

[DongHua's POV]
"Fengjiu!!"
She turned her head confused as she slowly started to get the picture when she heard Gungun crying. I was extremely furious if this is how Fengjiu treats our child. Neglected.
She ran to Gungun in guilt and grabbed him carefully.
"Donghua... im sorry. I was distracted for a second."
Her eyes glowed with pity. How could i not forgive an angel?

[FengJiu's POV]
I was carried away catching up with Cheng Yu and didn't even realise my son was crying. I sincerely apologised to Donghua and quickly ran out of Heaven with Gungun.
.~•.~•.~•.~•.~•.~•.~•.~•.~•.~•
I arrived at the fox den to be greeted with my aunt. She stared at me with curious eyes as I walked in with a sullen face.
"Xiaojiu, have you still not adapted to motherhood yet?" I looked at her mesmerised. How can she tell?
"Fengjiu, this is only the beginning. Get used to those responsibilities little fox."

(350 YEARS LATER)

"Mǔqīn! Look at me!"

FengJiu raised her head to see Gungun waving at her from on the boat. Gungun had pleaded Migu to take him pearl hunting in the lake for Bai Qian.