Chapter 6

Chapter song: 4 real by Avril Lavigne
(Becca's pov)
"Uhm, I think my mom wants me home"
I stopped him. Why did I just do that? Justin looked hurt and confused. Fuck. No no no, I didn't want this to happen.
"Justin...I'm sorry..."
I didn't dare look at him again. I made my way out the door.
"Becca..."
Justin finally spoke, but I was already out the door. I felt so bad for pulling away from Justin. I don't know what happened-I was scared. I didn't want to ruin our friendship, but I did. I've never had a first kiss before, and I'm nervous. I don't know what to do. I left my fucking backpack in his room. When I entered my room, I shut the door and cried on my bed. I cried because I fucked up, I hurt Justin. Poor Justin. Does he really like me back? I wish things were back to normal.
-7am-
I was miserable when I woke up. I'm scared to see the damage done to me and Justin's friendship. godammit, why did I do that? I wasn't ready to face Justin yet. I ate breakfast, then remembered my backpack was at Justin's. I had to face him. There's no other way out. I walked outside wearing only my outfit for school. I spotted Justin walking toward me with two backpacks on his shoulders. One of them is mine. I mentally cursed in my head.
"You left this"
By the sound of his voice, he was hurt. I couldn't speak, so I took the backpack from him.
"...Becca...it's not your fault"
He muttered.
"...It is"
My eyes watered.
"Shawty...don't cry"
Right when he said that, I broke into tears. Justin hugged me comfortingly. it was then had I realized my dad was probably watching. I pulled away and continued walking.
"What's wrong, bae?"
I could tell he meant everything between yesterday and today.
"...It's complicated. Everything. I don't know. I can't tell you"
I sighed while wiping my tears.
"Becca"
Justin put his arm around me.
"Please understand, Justin"
I begged in a whisper.
"...Ok, but just know that you can tell me anything"
He kissed my cheek. I wish I could.
"I know"
But I can't tell him this.
"We're ok, Becca. Don't worry about it. Just have a good day"
After that said, we went to our first class of the day.
. . .
All I thought about was Justin all day. What have I done? Even though Justin said we were fine, I refuse to believe it 100%. When lunchtime came around, I took my chances and snuck outside.
"I was worried you weren't coming"
Justin came up behind me.
"Well, I did"
I giggled shyly.
"Taco Cabana?"
He suggested.
"Yea"
I nodded, then we walked in silence. See? I knew we wouldn't be the same. I fucked everything up. It was quiet the whole way to the restaurant.
"Shawty, I should've never done that. I don't know what happened, but I want us to be ok again"
Justin was the first to speak.
"How are we gonna do that?"
I mumbled sadly.
"I don't know..."
It was quiet again, and it stayed like that the whole time we ate and the whole way back. I felt the urge to cry, but I know I shouldn't. Our friendship isn't the same anymore. If I had just let him kiss me, we would've been something more than friends. But I was too nervous, too scared. We arrived back at school, then entered to see the principal and 2 teachers standing in front of us. Oh shit.
"Ms. Greene and mr. Bieber, can you explain why skipping class seems like a good idea to you?"
The principal spoke with harshness. She had black hair and she almost looked like a witch.
"Uhm....no"
Justin spoke for me.
"Well, this behavior is not acceptable, and you two are in big trouble"
She hissed.
"It's not Becca's fault. It was my idea"
Justin took the blame. What? No no no. I gave Justin a look that said please-don't, but he looked at me like it was ok. But it wasn't ok. I was part of it too, so why should he handle the consequences?
"Well then, mr. Bieber, follow me. Ms. Greene, you may return to class"
The principal ordered. Justin followed the principal as I stayed, my feet glued to the floor. I couldn't move. Not after everything that just happened. Who knows how long I stayed like that, but I wanted to cry.
. . .
Eventually, I had to go back to class, and when I did, I thought about Justin. What was happening? Is he ok? I didn't pay attention to anything else besides Justin. The last bell rung, and I saw Justin waiting for me.
"Omigod Justin, what happened?"
I hugged him tightly.
"Woah, did you miss me?"
He chuckled.
"What happened?"
I repeated myself.
"Ok, so there's good news and bad news"
He started.
"What's the bad news?"
I was still hugging him.
"The bad news is that they called both our parents, and I won't be around at lunch. The good news is that you're not in trouble"
He smiled.
"...You didn't have to do that, you know?"
I saw Ryan and Chaz then motioned them to come here.
"Yea, but I wanted to. Your parents would be more pissed than mine"
He nudged me.
"You're right about that. I'm gonna get trouble when I get home since they called both our parents"
I sighed.
"Hey guys, what are you talking about?"
Chaz jumped in.
"We got caught skipping class today"
Justin answered.
"Oh crap, man, that's bad"
Ryan joined in.
"I know"
Justin narrowed his eyes.
"It'll be ok. It doesn't last long"
Chaz helped a little.
"Thanks, bro"
Justin didn't sound too thankful though.
"Alright, good luck, guys"
Ryan and Chaz's houses were next to each other, so they walked off first. Justin and I were alone again.
"I'm sorry"
He wrapped his arm around me into a hug.
"It's not..."
There's so use arguing so I let him win.
"...It's ok"
I finally mumbled out.
"Good luck with your parents"
He didn't mean it as a joke. I could tell he really meant it.
"What if they ground me or something?"
I mumbled.
"I'll find a way, don't stress, bae"
And with that, we walked opposite ways to our houses. I knew I was in big trouble with my parents, especially my dad. I walked into my house to see my parents waiting for me, just like I imagined.
"I know what you're gonna sa-"
"I can't believe you would do that, Becca. I trusted you. I trusted you with him. I guess I made a mistake, because you two are nothing but trouble"
My mom shook her head.
"Mom, he didn't do anythi-"
"I don't care. Who knows what you guys are up to anymore. Becca, you're done with him. For now on, you will not see him anymore"
My mom spoke strictly.
"And what did I tell you about him touching you? If I see him again, I swear I will teach him a lesson. We're driving you to and from school, wether you like it or not"
My dad added on. Tears were dying to fall, but I held them in. I didn't say a word. I just ran up to my room and slammed the door. I collapsed on my bed and let it all out. What am I gonna do? Things are ruined between Justin and me. Even if they weren't ruined, they would be now. I'll only get to see him at school for now on. My pillow was starting to get damp from all the tears. I heard a tap on my window, but ignored it. I heard it again, then got off my bed to walk over to my window. When I opened the curtains, I saw Justin on my balcony. I gasped then opened the door to the balcony.
"J-justi-in, wha-what are you doing he-here?"
I was still sniffling a lot from crying.
"Crap, Becca, what happened?"
He stepped inside.
"I-I-I-I can't.."
I couldn't speak well because of the crying.
"You can't what? Shawty, speak to me"
Justin sat me on my bed and hugged me close. Once I calmed down, I spoke.
"My parents grounded me and want me to stay away from you. I can't do that"
I sniffled and held onto Justin.
"And you won't...I'll sneak in hear everyday if I have to"
He cupped my face in his hands and wiped away the tears.
"Justin....I need to tell you something"
I might be crying, but I don't care. I need to fix this. I need to fix us.
"What is it, shawty?"
He brushed his thumbs over my wet eyes to dry them.
"....I like you, as in, like-like you, and the reason why I pulled away yesterday was because I was scared you didn't like me back"
I admitted, looking everywhere but Justin.
"Becca.....I-I love you, as in, I'm in love with you"
By now, I wasn't crying anymore.
"Really?"
I finally looked at him. Justin leaned in again, my face in his hands again. I shut my eyes and let it happen. Soon enough, I felt his moist, warm, soft lips against mine, pressing into a deep kiss. His hand crawled to my neck while the other one remained holding my face. I felt his tongue ask permission to enter my mouth, and I let him. It was a magical moment. A moment that I'll never forget. When we broke it, we were breathing deeply.
"You're mine, now"
He whispered. I smiled, because I've always wanted to be his.
"...I'll see you tomorrow, shawty"
He gently kissed my head before heading on the balcony.
"Okay"
I smiled at what just happened. Justin gave me a wink before disappearing. I shut the door and closed the curtains. My lips had a tingling sensation that made me smile. I felt so happy. Justin and I were ok again. We were even better now. I slipped into bed, still smiling, and shut my eyes.