Chapter 9 A Night to Remember [Part 1]

Crush On Mr. Bad Boy

Chapter 9 A Night to Remember [Part 1]

Friday October 19th 2:00 p.m.

A loud knock on the door interrupted my dream. I groaned loudly and buried my face deeper into my pillow. Cleo yelled something from the other side of the door, but I just ignored her. "Rosaline Arlene Winnefred!" she yelled on the other side of the door. "Get up now!" she ordered, but I ignored her and drifted off into sleep.

Cleo knocked on the door impatiently again before trying to opening it, but I had locked it before going to sleep. "I told you there shall be no locked doors in this house!" she snapped. "Meet us downstairs in ten minutes or else you're grounded for five months!"

Another voice spoke up. "It's okay Cleo; we can get it done upstairs." Kasay replied.

"Who gave you permission to call me Cleo?" My stepmother questioned. "Call me Mrs. Winnefred."

"Yes, Cleo." Kasay snickered before banging on my door.

"Go away!" I yelled back.

"You shall not talk to your stepmother that way!" My stepmother warned from the other side of the door.

"She wasn't talking to you." I could imagine Kasay rolling her eyes. "She's talking to me."

"I'm still on the other side of the door-"

"Just save us the trouble and let me in Rosie!" Kasay interrupted my stepmother to talk to me.

"Why do you even want to come in?" my voice was muffled from the pillow.

Someone cleared their throat on the other side of the door. "Did you seriously forget about the dance?" Kasay questioned.

I sprung out of my bed immediately. I ran to my mirror first and checked my teeth. Luckily, they were all back to normal. Then, I let Kasay in before shutting the door in my stepmother's face again. Kasay locked the door so Cleo couldn't come in before turning to me with a grin.

"Let's get you freshened up!"

~*~

After about three and a half hours of hair coloring, hair pulling, skin scrubbing, nail painting, prep talks, and makeup, she finally finished. Throughout the whole thing, she didn't allow me to look in the mirror at all. "Can I look now?" I whined.

"Almost." She bit her lip and studied everything she had done to me. She made me close my eyes again and applied some lipstick to my lips. "That's what you were missing!" she said once she was done. "Go see yourself in the mirror." She shooed me off.

I rushed the mirror and let a gasp out in shock. The girl standing the mirror wasn't me. She had wavy chocolate brown hair, gorgeous ice blue eyes, pale skin that made her eyes stand out even more, bright red lips and perfect high cheekbones. I could barely see any of my descendents features portrayed on my face.

Kasay handed me the costume and left the room with a smug expression. I put the costume on quickly and looked in the mirror. The costume was perfect, just how I remembered it. I was so busy staring at myself in the mirror. I didn't notice Kasay had snuck up behind me.

"He'll love you." She whispered, staring at my reflection too.

I jumped at her voice. "Who?"

She just smirked. "Whoever the lucky guy is." She turned back and packed up all her torturing equipment. She reached in her bag and handed me a dance ticket. "Keep it safe." I accepted the ticket from her.